General Gurgling noise when revving...

Currently reading:
General Gurgling noise when revving...

Hello,

Now before anyone says do your research I have! :D

So straight to the point as the title says I have gurgling sound when revving the car, though never noticed it before cause 9/10 I have my stereo blasting out :p

But I heard it once a while back when my friend pointed it out, I've done most checks like any leaks under the car, nothing there, checked oil cap for any signs of "mayo" also the dipstick and the oil is black as black pudding! :yuck:

The HG in question was replaced in November 2011 on the previous owner which had the following replaced:

Water Pump
HG skimmed
Head refaced
Inlet Manifold
Cambelt

That's all I can think of top my head without looking at the repair sheet, but the total cost of that repair was roughly £500!

The car runs smooth as butter no problems whatsoever no misfires or whatever happens when you have a HG problem etc as I should know cause my old car had a HG problem that I never fixed in the end.....

The research I've done is basically look around topics for the checks which I done and my conclusion air trapped in the cooling system? If I'm wrong then please do correct me :)

The car does not overheat I get hot air really hot air as you would expect and I can get cold air as well, so it's baffled me....

Car is Punto MK2 W Reg 2000

Any solutions will be greatly appreciated (y)

Last edited:
hi,
I suspect it is SOME trapped air in the cooling / heater pipes,

there are 2 bleed screws in the pipes ( behind the engine),
slacken them off until coolant dribbles out,
then close them down again,
keep an eye on your coolant level in the RAD for a few days after,

Charlie

Re: Re: Gurgling noise when revving...

hi,
I suspect it is SOME trapped air in the cooling / heater pipes,

there are 2 bleed screws in the pipes ( behind the engine),
slacken them off until coolant dribbles out,
then close them down again,
keep an eye on your coolant level in the RAD for a few days after,

Charlie

Cheers for that, im assuming its safe to drive cause im at work tomorrow then off to manchester in evening lol. As i said it has no affect on the car its sound as pound when driving dead smooth and everything :)

Back