Technical Engine Management Limp Home!

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Management Limp Home!

QuboOwner

Hi All, I hope someone can help with a diagnosis; all info greatly received!

Qubo 1.3 Multijet - 3 Years old 67k Miles.

Symptoms:

At 2.5 -3k RPM in any gear, asking for acceleration engine management light comes on and limp home mode activated. Stop the car and restart results in normal performance regained until it's asked to accelerate above the RPM level above. Engine Management light goes out if the iginition is cycled 4 times to clear the fault.

My action so far without success (n):

Had the car error codes read: reporting Turbo / Supercharger, not very helpful. Took off the MAP sensor and cleaned, read the output voltage and all looks OK from what I can tell. EGR Value removed and sure enough needed to be freed and cleaned, not sure if it's working though. Although I can hear the turbo 'whistling' (does this mean EGR OK?) and acceleration is good right up to the point of limp mode being activated, I've no idea what to turn to next, all input welcome......:bang: Car starts well, runs well up to this magic 2.5-3k RPM!

Other things I've heard that could cause the problem but I've no idea if there is any value in these include:

1. Fuel filter needs replacing (It is due to be done but bloody expensive).
2. Catalytic converter is showing signs of blockage, would either of these suggestions give the symptoms I'm seeing?

Other things worth knowing:

Petrol was put into the tank a few months ago, about 6 litres, immediately diluted with a full tank of diesel, 45 litres therefore approximately 39 litres of diesel; the car ran fine, petrol diluted out with more fresh diesel over a weeks running and all seemed fine. The problem above wasn't seen for some 2 months after this event but I thought I'd better mention it in case it is relevant.

Thanks.

Hi All, I hope someone can help with a diagnosis; all info greatly received!

Qubo 1.3 Multijet - 3 Years old 67k Miles.

Other things I've heard that could cause the problem but I've no idea if there is any value in these include:

1. Fuel filter needs replacing (It is due to be done but bloody expensive).

Thanks.

Is the fuel filter an exchange on a mileage basis service item?

I read somewhere on a forum that the chances of needing to change it was next to unlikely for it being clogged up with anything - I can't remember if this was an in-tank filter they were discussing which, if it's the case that there's a filter in the tank would suggest that a filter on the engine is filtering filtered fuel?!!

Have a look here - nice price?

Sorry it's not very helpful to your problem but it might remove one angle for checking. I was just reading up on the Qubo semi-auto box driving method earlier and to say it looks complex is an understatement. One may have to take an exam.... :eek:

R-V-M

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back