14" Space Saver for Sci

Currently reading:
14" Space Saver for Sci

cagerrey

cagerrey
Hi Everyone!! :D

Have 14" alloys on my Sci, but I have a 13" Space saver, is it worth getting a 14" Space Saver?? :confused:

I have see a New one for £20 including tyre on an auction site?? :confused:

The Space Saver advertised is for a T/99 Punto, would thsi fit my Sci Sporting? :confused:

Thanks in advance!!!

cagerrey

Re: 14" Space Saver for Sei

..i wouldn't really worry about it, the space saver is only to be used for a short period of time anyway, driving at a lower speed. It's there to get you home if stuck out in the wilderness, or to your nearest tyre depot..

dont worry, the profile of the space saver makes it near enough the same rolling radius as the 14" wheel, i assume you are running on 175/50 14 tyres

a 14" space saver would not fit in wheel well unless it is fitted with a smaller profile tyre and the space saver tyre costs would be expensive :eek:

I assume you mean Seicento Sporting?
If so, the circumference difference between the 13" Sporting wheels and the 14" Abarth wheels with 55 depth is near nothing so it shouldn't be a prob.

Wow, :D

Was not expecting such a large reply in such a short time frame. Thanks everyone! (y)

Me being a Womble bid on the Space Saver on Auction site, £20 includes P&P, I should have gone to breakers like Dave Said. Well guess you live and learn, anyway you never know someone may outbid me. ;)

Gaz am currently running on 185/50 14

Thanks again!!

cagerrey

cagerrey said:

Was not expecting such a large reply in such a short time frame. Thanks everyone! (y)

Me being a Womble bid on the Space Saver on Auction site, £20 includes P&P, I should have gone to breakers like Dave Said. Well guess you live and learn, anyway you never know someone may outbid me. ;)

Thanks again!!

cagerrey

ok it makes a slight difference, but i would imagine it to be minimal

if you are un-sure, get the space saver out and put it up against one of your 14" wheels, you will be able to see the difference between the 2

i wouldnt really worry about it to much, for the amount of time the space saver would be used on the car, im sure a bit of wonkage wouldnt be too much trouble

cagerrey said:

Thanks again!!

cagerrey
cancel your bid :)

Dave

trying to cancel bid at present, have writen an e-mail to seller, just waiting reply. So now up to seller? He has advertised the same Space Saver twice before, but no-one bid on it. Currently the Space saver is at £1 with £12 p&p, however as I am a Womble I bid £8, so max will be for me will be £20(including p&p)

Only reason I am getting the Space Saver is that my dad said I needed it for safety reasons. As my Mum heard this she started panicing that the car would be unsafe if I did not get a 14" Space Saver. I love my old mum, but she panic's way to much!!!

if it was un-safe fiat would put a bigger space saver wheel in all sei's that came with 14" wheels, as there is minimal difference between 165/55 13 and 175/50 14 tyres that come standard with sporting and abarth wheels, they dont

185/50 14 is bigger though, so best to go check :D

Gaz, you have made me have a a thought??? :eek:

Will a 14" Space Saver fit in the back of my Sci??? I have never taken the 13" Space saver out, so can't remeber how much space there is in there?? :confused:

cagerrey said:
Gaz, you have made me have a a thought??? :eek:

Will a 14" Space Saver fit in the back of my Sci??? I have never taken the 13" Space saver out, so can't remeber how much space there is in there?? :confused:

it depends on the profile of the tyre, the 14" space saver would be designed for say a punto, therefore tyre width and height would be matched for a punto, so probably different to a sei

it could either not fit in the space provided or be sticking out

do you have a tyre size for the 14" space saver

Gaz

From the advert

"The tyre fitted is a Pirelli 135x80x14 spare only.

This gives the same overall diameter as the standard 165x65x14 tyres."

Back