General AUX in Punto 2012 Easy

Currently reading:
General AUX in Punto 2012 Easy

supereeg

Hey.

I really hope that someone can help me with this: I have a shiny black headunit in my Fiat Punto 2012 1.3MJT.

I have no blu&me nor and aux input anywhere, not even on the display. However I have read that aparantly you can still get something plugged into the back of the headunit enabling me to connect e.g. my phone through aux-in? Does anybody know if it is possible? And how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

I have actually read through a number of threads, but as far as I can see no one has succesfully done it for my car type. Are maybe I am not reading the right ones..?

Thanks

I knw exactly what to do m8, wat u have is the black gloss head unit, if u have head unit removal keys take it out and it will say delphi F199 it's the male of ur unit. I have a punto GBT 62 plate. And by god I had majour issues with this and finally got it to work. No maybes this 100% works. Remove cd for the player k then push media it should say NO SOURCE AVAILABLE, if it does I'm goin to direct u to what u need at it wot cost any more thn at least £18.

Buy this

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=221195301245&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=91609380012

All u do is u remove the HU and the blue plug goes into the back of unit left hand side it only goes in one way so it's easy plug this in and make sure no power or engine is running, once it is it will automatically activate aux and plug whatever u have iPhone or wateva in an it will work when u play it, make sure u push media an it'll have cd, radio and now aux! ;). If u don't want it to look stupid u can slide the wire down the inside of the climate control unit and it'll pop out the bottom where ur cup holder is in the middle in front of ur gear stick. It'll take a fiddle but it's what I did and works. If u need any help at all mail me on this or look me up on instagram ull c my pics I took of the aux. ill post them on here in a couple of hours. ;) need any help gives a shout m8.

Thank you so much, frost719!! I really appreciate your help!
I will buy that thing now and once I receive it I will follow your instructions. I might need your help, because I am not that good at fixing cars. But it seems straightforward. What is your user name on Instagram? Thank you so much!

Thanks a mill, mate, you are a star! Great help with the pics there, can't wait to get it fixed. Will keep you updated on how it goes.

Thanks again

no prob man, i had to go months tryin to do it by myself and no one could help out for some reason, so i know the feeling when u think u cant have aux with a new car. kiss cds gd bye

Hi Frost719. I now have AUX in my car thanks to you :) it is working 100% just like you said it would. It was a great help with the pics you posted. Thank you buddy!

not a problem m8 i know exactly how much bother it really was to get tht done without any help. enjoy m8 ;)

Hi all,

I have a 2012 punto gbt and I have the pins to remove the radio to insert the aux but the radio won't move at all.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Hi joshc3,

Welcome here :)
The best is to start your own topic, the problem/concern is not the same.

Do you have a pic of your tool ? It is really hard to pull out, you have to "shake" it with the tool sometimes (left, pull, right, pull, etc)

Make sure you push them in real gd and sometime the keys will slip out if u pull hem inwards and pull friction will hold an give it a gd pull. They are snug

hi frost719. I would like to use the method you've used to use my iPod in my 2013 Fiat Punto Pop I picked up yesterday.

It's the same Radio Unit you have, and like you, it says No Source Available when pushing the button without a CD in.

The link to the item you hay to use on eBay is no longer available, so will either of the following two links be the same item which the seller has listed.

Thanks

h**p://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-cavo-aux-Fiat-Punto-EVO-solo-per-radio-Delphi-Grunding-no-source-available-/221263392395?pt=Adattatori_per_auto&hash=item3384536e8b

h**p://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cavo-aux-Fiat-Punto-EVO-solo-per-radio-Delphi-Grunding-no-source-available-/221263184645?pt=Adattatori_per_auto&hash=item3384504305

(Unable to post links yet, so replace ** with tt)

A good tool has a groov so it locked and you can pull the radio easy.....

Hi all,

I have a 2012 punto gbt and I have the pins to remove the radio to insert the aux but the radio won't move at all.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Hi,

I have the same problem on 2013 punto. I have tried with 2 different key pair, but the radio don't move. I have tried shaking it, right, left, up, down... without result.

Someone have any idea?? :confused:

Thanks!

can any help me i got a yellow aux cable buy from ebay it says i need to put on the right place but if i press media it says " no source". do i need to start my engine for it ? because ei can play without turn my engine on? plz help me

greetz

Hey everyone,

After quite a lot of search and thanks to puntoevoforum.com, I made the aux work without buying the cable from ebay. If you have the Delphi F199FL headunit here is the way to do it:
Connect the three leads of a standard audio cable (L , R, Ground) to the respective pins AF L, AF R , AF Ground and use an extra cable to short-circuit pins D IN - D OUT. The aux selection will work right after. Just did it in my 2014 Punto MJT. Hope this will help.
(y)

Etichetta%20punto%20evo.jpg

Hi crimg13 please Help me!!!!
“ If you have the Delphi F199FL headunit here is the way to do it:
Connect the three leads of a standard audio cable (L , R, Ground) to the respective pins AF L, AF R , AF Ground and use an extra cable to short-circuit pins D IN - D OUT. The aux selection will work right after. Just did it in my 2014 Punto MJT. Hope this will help.”
I just went through the information you have given and I have Delphi F199 IN in the I have pins AF L, AF R , AF but I don’t see pins D IN - D OUT in place of that I have Pins IR +5v and IGN in place of Mute pin I have IR IN. Rest all pins are same as you. Please advise how to do short-circuit for selection of AUX.

Last edited:
I've bought both the blue and yellow wires and neither works! I've read on other threads that if the aux option isn't on the front of the stereo then it won't work, but Frost's works and I have the exact same HU!

Here's what I did:
- remove head unit
- plug the wire in (tried for both blue and yellow)
- turn engine on
- plug aux into phone
- press Media
- "No Media Available"

Not sure if anyone here is still active or has managed a fix for it!?

Back