General Dealer has lied to me

Currently reading:
General Dealer has lied to me

Kammy

Hi all, please bare with me :)

2 weeks ago I bought my 12 plate punto evo from the fiat dealership.

The exact description on the order form that I signed etc is as follows:

FIAT PUNTO EVO DIESEL HATCHBACK 1.3 MULTIJET DYNAMIC ECO 3dr

The key part here is the "eco". An "eco" has 95g co2, which means you pay £0 road tax in the UK, so this was a big plus to me, plus the extra mpg seemed great. I went to tax my car today, and I had to pay the band B rate because on the registration document (v5) it says 108g co2. If you look these figures up:-

1.3 Multijet Dynamic 3d
68 mpg
108 g/km
Tax Band B

1.3 Multijet Dynamic Eco 3d
78 mpg
95 g/km
Tax Band A

So the documentation I have from the dealer says I have an ECO, but the registration document does not state ECO and say 108g instead of 95g. So has the car been registered incorrectly or has it been sold by the dealer incorrectly? Any idea how I can find out.what I can say to the dealer/what I can get out of the them as recompense for their balls up?

Yeah just had a look, neither say ECO or the car model, just serial numbers etc.

Do I ring the dealer to check the vin?

Check the VIN, definately the dealer screwed up. Rang them today, they are "investigating", just waiting for them to get back to me.

The way I see it now, they either give me what the invoice says I paid for, or compensate me for the higher running costs of the non eco version

Back