iPhone 5 not playing music

Currently reading:
iPhone 5 not playing music

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
You must use the adapter. There is no way to play music wirelessly on bravo head units

B&m 6 doesn't need the adapter but you still have to leave it plugged into the USB port

So i got my usb adapter (paid £54!!), but it doesn't recognise the iphone and won't play any music. It also doesn't charge it and I'm sure it was charging when plugged directly into the port before.

Anyone have any ideas as to why it's not working?

The bluetooth calls work fine, so it's really annoying that the music doesn't play especially after spending £54 on an adapter.

Also the B&M computer is really flakey.

Sometimes you need to have the music player on the iphone running in the background when you plug it in.

Do you get any messages on the iphone screen when you plug it in

Ive just tried with music playing when i plug in and it doesnt work. It vibrates like it does when you plug it into your comp but ans quickly flashes the green charging battery screen but that disappears.

Any ideas? Ive unplugged my battery for a few mins but that just lost the mode button settings

Nothing appears when i plug the iphone in, behaviour is the same whether it's in the main usb or via the adapter. Are you running ios6.1.3?im only on 6.1.2 and dont wamt to upgrade and i dont think that's make a difference anyway

Managed to get it working- think it was running oldsoftware as when i tried to update before i got errors. I reformatted usb stick on windows (normally use mac but the stick was fat 32 still), got rhe flashing odometer after doing 5.5 and 5.6 but after putting sticks back in again they seemed to install.

It's not charging and playing via the usb port. Can't skip tracks via the controls which is a bit annoying but 30mins ago id have bitten your hand off to make it charge and play!

Back