500 (Abarth) 500 abarth...engine life..

Currently reading:
500 (Abarth) 500 abarth...engine life..

lambo4vw

hi .. new here,, im looking at a 500 abarth for sale..with around 60k on the clock.My question is hows the engine is it good for mileage?? it has full abarth service history so no problem with the oil changes..

i believe they are if an old design developed?? i had an uno turbo a long time ago,is it the same design??

thanks

The engine is a development of the FIRE range of engines, the uno turbo had a totally different engine, if anything the one in the abarth is a very very distant relation to the engine fitted to naturally aspirated mk2 unos.

Can't comment on the miles on it, probably depends alot on how hard it has been driven.

60,000 miles is nothing on a modern engine, it's only just getting into its stride. Most European manufacturers build engines to cover a minimum of between 150,000 to 180,000 miles without any major work, only servicing.

Some components like alternators, starters, turbo chargers can sometimes fail before this, but seeing as there are only about 3 or 4 different OEM manufacturers who supply all car companies these failures are across all brands supplied.

The T-jet engines are built on proven architecture & there is no indication that they are anything other than very robust. The Trofeo race cars doing more than one season without any work running 215-220bhp easy and extended periods of wide open throttle and high G force bends which is a recipe for exposing weaknesses.

Back