Technical Beats Hi Fi info.

Currently reading:
Technical Beats Hi Fi info.

The Beats audio system is quite an experience it boasts high definition and is crystal clear in sound with a maximum output of 520W. The system includes two 80W mid-woofer speakers on the lower part of the front door panels, two 40W tweeter speakers on the higher part of the front door panel, two 60W full-range speakers on the rear door panels and a 80W sub-woofer placed inside the cargo area (using the spare wheel space with no impact on cargo capacity) for a powerful and dynamic bass range.

There is also an eight channel DSP (Digital Signal Processor) amplifier with integrated equalising algorithm, specifically developed to recreate the same whole sound spectrum usually experienced by artists during studio recording sessions. So if you like your music this system is really something else, probably enough to keep you out in the car all day!

http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/pre-launch-offers-for-the-new-fiat-500l_51737

It's good to see premium stereos being offered on even relatively modest cars these days.

It would be a must-have for me next time round.

You also get Bluetooth streaming... So I was thinking I will use it with Google music as I have an unlimited data plan. Can't wait to hear it :)

May look for some sort of galaxy s3 mount for a sat nav (co pilot or google nav)

It's a fine hi-fi for a car, but don't get taken in by the marketing hype.

You do get a good sound with pleasing bass from the sub in the spare wheel well - although I'm not sure the dog really appreciates it too much!

The speakers are an upgrade on the average fair for cars in this sector, but nothing too exciting. The three-band graphic equaliser (Bass, Mid and Treble) seems a bit mean (not even a loudness control!) for something that is supposedly DSP-based.

What is very good is the integration with i-Pod (or other USB devices) and even your Blue-tooth phone. I've even got it to stream from the Spotify player on my Samsung Galaxy s3 - be warned though, the track display does not show the correct information when streaming from Spotify (at least it never has when I've done it!). Who knows there may be a software upgrade sometime to cater for this...

Speech recognition is as patchy as usual, but always fun to play with - again this works with USB devices and Radio, not Blue-tooth.

Don't get me wrong, this is a good car hi-fi, but I would have liked more - but can't complain as it came as a free upgrade!
Definitely the icing on an already tasty 500L cake!

Sounds good, if it's better than what you normally get as standard for cars of this price it's going to sound really good just because it's better (even if it isn't quite Naim in Bentley). I thought the standard Bravo sounded really good TBH and am expecting this to be quite a bit better (£500 option normally?). I think our Mk1 Punto had a little sub under the passenger seat that was thrown in to sweeten the deal, it was fairly good at the time ;)

Does it have a setting that can increase the volume with the speed of the car (Bravo had this, was very useful)?

A "salesman" at a dealer I didn't order from tried to persuade me not to pre-order the car (think it was something different he had to do as it was a pre-order and he couldn't be bothered). He claimed the offers would continue. They haven't for now. I'm happy I pre-ordered and am getting the hi-fi and wheels for free (+more) :)

You'll have to swap the dog for a Snoop Dog.

Last edited:
Back