General Headlight wire colour?

Currently reading:
General Headlight wire colour?

philious

Philious
I'm currently in the process of fitting day time running lights to our gp, installed fog lights and led bulbs today and completed about three quarters of the wiring all I have to do now is splice into the headlight wire and attach to positive and negative and I'm done, does anyone know the colour of the wire for the headlights ??
Once finished my fogs will be drl's coming on when engine is started and then dimming once headlights are activated.
All help appreciated and will post some pics once done

I'm currently in the process of fitting day time running lights to our gp, installed fog lights and led bulbs today and completed about three quarters of the wiring all I have to do now is splice into the headlight wire and attach to positive and negative and I'm done, does anyone know the colour of the wire for the headlights ??
Once finished my fogs will be drl's coming on when engine is started and then dimming once headlights are activated.
All help appreciated and will post some pics once done

Have you changed the foglamp housing and lens then :confused:

As they won't function properly as DRLs if it's still the foglamp setup ;)

Nope, DRLs are designed to spread light over a long narrow path ahead of the car, fogs do the complete opposite and shed light over a very short but wide angle.

Ok, well my thoughts on using the fogs was to fill the lense with bright light then to reduce the light once the headlight were activated, might just upgrade the bulbs again to some super bright bulbs
Thanks for the reply's and thanks to andy for his write up :)

Back