Technical Am I likely to need my tracking 'done' if...

Currently reading:
Technical Am I likely to need my tracking 'done' if...

whenisayjump

I recently had my top mounts done, and a new spring. Will that result in my tracking being out?

I'm not entirely sure what tracking is, but it seems like a tricksy beast :bang:

James

I recently had my top mounts done, and a new spring. Will that result in my tracking being out?

I'm not entirely sure what tracking is, but it seems like a tricksy beast :bang:

James

When the tracking's out it essentially means the wheels aren't both facing perfectly forward (back tracking can be out, but not nearly as badly). Normally you wouldn't notice this, but it can cause uneven wear on your tyres due to going forward with the tyres slightly uneven, and if bad enough it can even cause very noticeable pulling to one side when driving.

Adjusting springs and messing there makes it very easy to knock, although I'd have thought a decent enough mechanic would be aware of the tracking and check before giving you back the keys. If not, then it's a bugger for me, as I'm having Eibach's fitted next week but paid £40 to have my tracking done only a few months ago :cry:

Back