Posted by homeward
Pizza Hut Coventry Arena
Sunday, March 3, 2013 - 12:00 AM
Until: Sunday, March 3, 2013 - 03:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Inaugural meet up; lunch -- at 13:00, on Sunday 3 March 2013 -- convoy (if someone has any bright ideas of where to go...) and photo-shoot of whatever we eventually decide to call ourselves (which we can debate over food and drink...)! Would be good if we could also come up with an idea of where -- and how often -- we want to meet up in the future: taking into account people's locations; food preferences, etc.. :yum:

Meeting in the car park between 12:00 and 13:00 outside the Pizza Hut at Coventry Arena (see here and here). It's near the M6 (and the M69); not that far from the M40 (pretty easy drive up the A46 and A444); and is, therefore, I hope, pretty easy access for everyone from the motorway network (and it will, of course, be extra easy for anyone already based in Coventry). :rolleyes:

We shall meet in the green area, delineated in the map by @Wisey, below! :slayer:

I shall aim to get there early; and will be in my burgundy five-door Mk2 Punto (with FIAT Forum stickers on both the back and front windows....). Will also bring my DSLR along, for piccies.... :cool:

Once I have a good idea of numbers, I shall book us all a table. Add yourself to the list (by clicking the Attendees thingummy, above), therefore, by close of play, Wednesday, 27 February, please! (y)

[This is the first time I've done this: so if I've missed anything, or just got something plain wrong -- or if you have any suggestions, etc. -- please let me know...!] :eek:

PS: Free pizza for the person driving the furthest (as measured from your home postcode, by my iPhone, on the day...)!

Down for this!

I've taken the liberty of doing a quick (and i mean quick) directional map to three locations within the Ricoh for this occasion. To put it simply the red route is your suggested place, right next to Pizza Hut itself. This is a small area, so the blue route is my suggested 2nd place, and the green is 3rd choice. Blue and Green area's are the 'quite' areas of the carpark usually less cars park. Although a Sunday peak trading it could be interesting. Then again there aren't many cars due for this, so we should be ok?.

Epic_Directions.png

Pizza Hut parking is rather small. Then again dropping the little man on the map to view a photo shows a larger area to what i recall seeing whenever i drive past. I'll leave it to common opinion, my two cents anyhow :)

I'll also be there bright and early! I'll be in my white GP sporting fiat forum and Domokun stickers on the windows. Most likely rockin my red winter steels still also :slayer:

Last edited:
Thanks, Wisey. :worship:

Sorry about the 'dislike': someone else seems to be controlling my stupid hands, at the moment. (Put it down to lack of sleep....) :bang:

Anyway: this is really, really useful -- and I appreciate the time and effort taken.... I'd therefore be keen to know, in your opinion, which of the three areas you think makes most sense to meet in on a Sunday lunchtime (when I know it could be very busy...). [The blue looks most sensible, to me; and I'm sure a short walk will do us all good....] I can then refine the meet-up details, above. (y)

Sorry, again... -- you should have heard the language I came out with.... :eek:

Last edited:
I'll be in Goole this Sunday, so won't be able to pop down mid-day to see for myself how busy it'll be around that sort of time. I'd hazard a guess the blue IMO will be the best area. But if we get say 12 cars give or take, quite likely all 3 will be just as good.

And don't worry Ben, the walk will be 30 seconds at most wherever we park. It may be the biggest Tesco in Europe (atleast it was when built), but the walk is more a hop, skip and a jump to get there ;)

Next Sunday i shall pop down and see what the situation is likely to be like, and report back. Either way though, its going to be easy enough to decide closer to the date, what with the mass PM button to all attendees at the top too ;) Easy Peasy!

Back