General High spec Punto Evo 5 door

Currently reading:
General High spec Punto Evo 5 door

Totalcommitment

Hi,
Does anyone in the forum have a 5 door Punto evo with a rear interior courtesy light fitted? I want to fit one in my 3 door evo sporting, but not sure where it's supposed to go. I have the skydome roof so space is limited and I don't want to cut into my roof lining in the wrong place.
Someone has posted the position of a light for a Grande Punto, but that's where the glass roof panel is on my car.
Thanks in advance to all replies.
Ken.

A quick update. Looking at the ePer for my car (with skydome), it seems that there isn't a position for a rear courtesy light. So, improvisation required.
I fitted a couple of LED panels bought from e-bay for a few pounds. I covered them with silver frost effect film, which means you can't see the LEDs until they're lit.
It's not the factory fitted look I wanted, but works really well, given that Fiat have neglected to fit rear courtesy lights.
I can give further details of my install if required.
Ken.

Sorry, I have to disagree on this point. The glass roof is of limited benefit to illuminating the rear when it's dark. :(
Other cars, such as the Peugeot 508, have full glass roofs yet they have two rear courtesy lights near to the rear grab handles.
However, as to my install, I'll take some pix and try to post them. Not done that before, so I'll have to see how I get on.

Sorry, I have to disagree on this point. The glass roof is of limited benefit to illuminating the rear when it's dark. :(
Other cars, such as the Peugeot 508, have full glass roofs yet they have two rear courtesy lights near to the rear grab handles.
However, as to my install, I'll take some pix and try to post them. Not done that before, so I'll have to see how I get on.

Who said it'll benefit you at night? I didn't. Also look at the size of the 508 over the GP. I believe the 508 has a fixed glass pannel also, so no motors or runers to fit in the place which interior lights could go.

Try and find a GP sized car, in the same price range as the GP with glass roof without the same issues you think Fiat have neglected to resolve. Its unlikly to happen.

I suppose it comes down to what is perceived as the use for a rear courtesy light. My take on them is that you have them to help illuminate the rear of the car, (when it's dark inside), when passengers are getting in or out, to enable them to see seat belt buckles, for example.
I don't see the relevance to the size of the car.
The Peugeot may have a fixed glass roof. The glass roof on my car is also fixed at the rear, so has no motors or runners to interfere, as you imply.
I believe you're suggesting that it's a cheap car and therefore I'm expecting too much. Fiat haven't neglected to resolve an issue, they just haven't fitted something that would have been easy to do and very low cost in relation to the price of the parts and would have enhanced passenger comfort.
It's my opinion, and when making my post I did not intend to cause offence or incite an argument.

The glass roof on my car is also fixed at the rear, so has no motors or runners to interfere, as you imply.
I believe you're suggesting that it's a cheap car and therefore I'm expecting too much.

Not causing arguement, just debate.

You'll probably find the motor for your roof is behind the rear glass, meaning there are runners in the way, for the front glass piece. Might be worth a look behind the headlining, but I think you'll find that after fitting the roof gubbins and curtain airbags that there isn't much, if any space left for interior lights.

Back