Technical wiper motor and linkage

Currently reading:
Technical wiper motor and linkage

Wilma Cargo

Hi

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I couldn't find anything when using the search option.
The front wipers on our 59 Grande Punto are not working and we've been advised by 2 separate garages that we need a new motor and linkage. We received a couple of quotes of between £200 and £250, but then another who will fit it for around £50 if we have the part. I've ordered the part for £90 but I was wondering whether I could have a go at fitting it myself. Can anyone point me in the direction of some step by step instructions or offer any advice?

Many thanks

shouldn't be too hard biggest issue will be to remove the wipers from the spindle....

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-pu...-top-bearing-removal-service-replacement.html

top few pics show the parts to remove to get the plastic trim off use great care not to apply any pressure to the plastic trim i did and cracked my windscreen (insert relevant string of expletives here)..

then at a guess its remove the electrical multiplug then the bolts holding it and a straight swap....

whilst your in there clean the scuttle out no doubt it will be full of muck and check the 2 rubber drains are clean and clear of debris

Thanks to both of you for your help.

SJB1985, would be good to hear how you get on

So I removed the windscreen wipers and removed the scuttle panel and to be honest it was pretty straight forward from there. Remove one whole wiper moter and linkage and replace it with another in reverse. I am sorry I didnt take note to make a gude but this is not a hard job at all. in fact, removing the heater blower and replacing the pollen filter is harder.

Regards
Stephen

Back