Technical Advice on climate control/ a/c problem

Currently reading:
Technical Advice on climate control/ a/c problem

kajakin

Hi,

I have a 1.4 '04 eleganza model.
The car has climate control but over the past few months it has gone from working properly, to working properly only on the drivers side and only blowing out cold air on the passengers side, and now when it is on the highest setting it weakly blows warm air out the drivers side (still cold on the passengers). But every now and again it will work properly on the drivers side.

It came to the point when I was driving to work last month when it was -4 degrees with the windows open as the blowers were barely working to clear the windscreen and decided I need to get this sorted.

Does anyone have any experience of similar problems with the climate control, or have any idea what it could be or what the costs involved in fixing it would be?

Thanks

Never known any problems like this the system is usually very reliable.

On the plus side, the system can be assessed using the on board diagnostics port (OBDII)
I think you need to get it to an auto electrician or fiat dealer for proper assessment and diagnostics its quite a complicated set up and could be anything from a lose wire to a faulty control unit

Back