Technical Sub with stock speakers?

Currently reading:
Technical Sub with stock speakers?

LewisRedding

Hi guys,
I've had my Grande Punto for about a month now and i'm loving it!

But i've had my old sub sat around from my last car and was wondering if anyone new if the sound quality was any good running a sub alongside the standard car stock speakers?
Its just I don't want to go through the hassle of fitting it for it then to sound ****, because i dont have the option of changing the highs/treble for the speakers, just the low end bass? and i don't want it to sound too 'bassy' overall.

Thanks

Are you using the standard head unit....?

Have been running subs in mine for over 2 years with standard speakers.
Sounds okay to me,...

I use a 12" Edge sub for light bass (driving round town etc,...) and switch to two 12" Alpines for when i want serious bass.

My subs wired in through my rear speaker channels so I can adjust the bass/speaker using the FADER setting on the standard head unit. As well as fine tuning using the Speaker-RCA junction box I used.

Did once blow my passenger speaker, but just replaced it with another standard speaker; been fine since.

Hi guys,
I've had my Grande Punto for about a month now and i'm loving it!

But i've had my old sub sat around from my last car and was wondering if anyone new if the sound quality was any good running a sub alongside the standard car stock speakers?
Its just I don't want to go through the hassle of fitting it for it then to sound ****, because i dont have the option of changing the highs/treble for the speakers, just the low end bass? and i don't want it to sound too 'bassy' overall.

Thanks

Ive been Running my 1000w Sub on standard speakers for a while now, connected to standard head unit, and i must say the stock speakers are really good and loud !.....sounds excellent to me ! "and im a mobile DJ and rely on good sound quality ! " :slayer:

Ive been Running my 1000w Sub on standard speakers for a while now, connected to standard head unit, and i must say the stock speakers are really good and loud !.....sounds excellent to me ! "and im a mobile DJ and rely on good sound quality ! " :slayer:

Yeah i use to dj about a year ago, and im still very fussy with sound quality!

Got a standard head unit still, and got a FLI 1000watt sub to fit in (possibly)

have no control over treble though which is slightly annoying as i need more high eds from more speakers once ive fitted the sub. Do you no how i get these controls back on the display?

Well mines wired to speakers, basically cut and soldered them....i have control over treble, but i have like a little control box that runs from my sub to the front of my car which i can control the settings, or i just mess about with the settings on my amp, until i have the right sound :)

So if you wire your subs RCA cables to your rear speakers, it will let you control the sound on your head unit?

Is that easy to do yourself? Or a bit fiddly?

Yeah that's the way mines connected....no wasn't really that bad, I enjoyed doing it, I made sure I did it properly and didn't rush it, used heat shrink tubing etc..., yeah let's me control the bass still and treble. :)

Is there any guides about anywhere that i could follow that you might no about?

I really miss my sub, but the sound quality of the standard speakers is a bit to crappy IMO

Is there any way of improving the standard speaker quality without changing the head unit, really dont wanna loose blue and me :confused:

Decisions, decisions. I understand that its the head unit that is underpowering the standard speakers, but then again i could be talking complete tosh.

Is there any way of poering the standard speakers from my amp mounted on the sub to get louder better quality?

Cheers :slayer:

Back