General Uno ie 1.0 999cc fuel pump problem

Currently reading:
General Uno ie 1.0 999cc fuel pump problem

jrrsteve

Hi,

The fuel pump on my Uno is getting no power sent to it. I've tried the fuses and the relays and they seem fine. The car has just been serviced and was running perfectly. The problem seemed to happen all of a sudden just after I had parked (ignition off) for about 20mins. Everything else seems fine, but the car acts just like there's no petrol (plenty in the tank). Has anybody any idea of what might be causing the lack of power. By the way I've checked the fuel pump and all its connection already.

Thanx in advance, Jrrsteve

Have you actualy checked the leads to the fuel pump with a voltmeter? If you have then can you follow the leads back until you lose the voltage?

I don't have the diagrams for the UNO, but on the Panda I have a feeling there's an "in line" fuse in the feed to the pump which isn't to be confused with all the other fuses.

Also the relay(s) on the suspension turret have their own on board fuses.

Finally, the ECU needs to be happy all is well - it has the last say in powering up the relay [:0]

Hi

I have this problem with my uno too, however it seems to be intermitant. I have checked the connections on the fuel pump and found they are ok.
I can try to start the car and it will start one time, a few minutes later it will not start then if it is left for a while untouched it will start again.
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to do as I am lost now....

Thanks in advance

Back