Technical Grande's Wiring Loom

as the title says..

Does anybody have a copy of the Internal Loom for the Grande which shows

example

greenwire - (indicatiors)
purple - electric windows
green - c/l

etc etc etc

pref for the loom behind the kick plate or back of the fuse box..

I've checked the the 'security section' for fitting alarms to the existing looms but the Grande isn't listed D:

wouldn't be the same as a Corsa would it?

Thanks.

this is as far as I've got D:

Grande_Punto8.JPG

I need the diagram for the loom that goes to the back of the car.

Last edited:
Is this the oem alarm your trying to fit?

this works via the can network rather than individual signals

Fiat been fiat never seem to keep to the same colour codes

from memory my old gp indicators were pink and pink and black stripe

the e learn manual doesn't show colours from memory but does show pins at the body computer

Yes I'm fitting a Canbus compatible alarm, I'm just looking into different methods. I can connect a non canbus to the grande if i don't want to use the current keyfob etc and want to loose the indicator flash etc.

such a pain this canbus malarkey haha

can you recomend any alarms? I've been looking at the falcon predators and the Fiat OEM meta alarm. but cant find any features for it :/

Last edited:
Canbus is the future Reu lol. Tbh once your fitted one you'll realise that in practise they're a lot quicker and easier to fit.

I've fitted a proline to the Stilo, and fiddled with the Meta on the Bravo. I'm looking at getting a Meta for the Panda we've got also. I like the proline on the Stilo but not found them for sale since buying it off of eBay some years ago unfortunately. I'd be tempted to steer clear of some of these cheaper eBay canbus alarms though.

on the gp there is two wires to the bonnet catch one goes to earth the other to the siren... then the siren wires to ground and two wires to the base of the fuse box (can h and l) That's it in the engine the mounting stud and nut is already there for the siren

then inside the car mount the 2 ultrasonic sensors and run the cables behind the dash to behind the glove box

then connect to the h and l can lines
hazard circuit
live and ground

you will need to dismount the body computer to do this and to get at it you will need to drill out the rivets on the cover plate

thanks for the replies, I spoke to fiat they said they would supply and Fit me an alarm for £230

I'd much rather attempt fitting it myself even though its completely foreign territory for me :/

I'm guessing the Body computer is the one behind the glove box?
I think Ill go for the Fiat factory one and go from there :/ Eeek!

fuse_51_location.jpg

can see one of the plugs you need to open in the pic (cut cable tie) unclip lever and open plug use the mini cable locks (think mini scotch locks then rebuild plug one wire literally shoves into the plug with the built in self gripping pin

can't remember my last go having the metal plate I mentioned above

Last edited:
Back