Technical My morning startup problem (video)

Currently reading:
Technical My morning startup problem (video)

jonathaneuk

Catch me if you can :-)
So, finally got it on video, of my morning startup issue.
Splutters when turn on, then dies, then second time stays running.
This is every morning I get this problem. It's a 2007 1.4 8v with 40,000miles on.

What could this be ? (n)

not with the starting but it looks like water the correct antifreeze should have been used to protect the engine and cooling system what colour is it? the wrong stuff can cause corrosion in the engine and radiator......

if you have checked those next the map sensor needs checking both barometric pressure and air temperature

not with the starting but it looks like water the correct antifreeze should have been used to protect the engine and cooling system what colour is it? the wrong stuff can cause corrosion in the engine and radiator......

if you have checked those next the map sensor needs checking both barometric pressure and air temperature

Well I complained to the garage a couple of months back that the coolant looked black and dirty, so they changed it for me so I don't know what they have used.
Which one should I use and ill get some and start fresh ?

And the map sensor how do I check this could be the problem ?

Thanks mate :)

Well I complained to the garage a couple of months back that the coolant looked black and dirty, so they changed it for me so I don't know what they have used.
Which one should I use and ill get some and start fresh ?

And the map sensor how do I check this could be the problem ?

Thanks mate :)

see the guides section I would flush the system several times e.g. fill and drain before refill with decent stuff wrongly or rightly use commas offering (red)

to measure those things you need a obd code reader the sensor I got came from ebay from this seller
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=260434102818&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=35590509000

Best way I've found for testing wether the MAP sensor is the issue is to unplug the cable and start the car. My GP started doing the same as yours a couple of days ago, without showing any codes. Just trying to decide wether to buy a £25 sensor from eBay or stump up £60 for a Bosch unit.

Back