Technical help with headlights.

Currently reading:
Technical help with headlights.

creg

I'm thinking of buying a brighter set of headlights for the 98' Marea.
I want to achieve at least 50m of complete visibility in the dark with low beams only (right now I'm only seeing for about 25m or so)
I've done quite a lot of reasearch on it and what've concluded is:

1) 100W lights bulbs may not be compatible since they may cause damage to the housing and the reflector.
2) LED's are just not bright enough.
3) The best options so far are Philips BlueVision H1 or NightBreaker +

I'm actually thinking of buying something called "H1 100W 1000-Lumen 6000K White Car Light Bulbs (2-Pack/DC 12V)" (can't post any links yet, sorry, just google it, 1st result)

Yes, they're 100w, yet they're not HID's , I think. Should I take the risk of trying them?:confused:

What are your thoughts/recommendations on that?

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking of buying a brighter set of headlights for the 98' Marea.
I want to achieve at least 50m of complete visibility in the dark with low beams only (right now I'm only seeing for about 25m or so)
I've done quite a lot of reasearch on it and what've concluded is:

1) 100W lights bulbs may not be compatible since they may cause damage to the housing and the reflector.
2) LED's are just not bright enough.
3) The best options so far are Philips BlueVision H1 or NightBreaker +

I'm actually thinking of buying something called "H1 100W 1000-Lumen 6000K White Car Light Bulbs (2-Pack/DC 12V)" (can't post any links yet, sorry, just google it, 1st result)

Yes, they're 100w, yet they're not HID's , I think. Should I take the risk of trying them?:confused:

What are your thoughts/recommendations on that?

Thanks in advance.

I know I've got a grande punto but I went for the bluevisions, complete difference from standard bulbs, I think the night breakers have a higher % brightness though but I haven't tried them, as for the lumen bulbs they sound like they're just the same as the others but just a higher wattage, if it's H1 sockets you have and you're sure they'll fit your car then I don't see the harm they can do! (apart from a hole in your pocket haha)

First thing to do is to run relays direct from the battery.
Did this on my Brava (have "repaired" Marea polys installed on it, the reflectors had burned on top of bulb so flipped the reflector 180 and put aluminium tape on the burnt part).
Also had nightbreaker plus on dipped beam and older oned on hi-beams.

I can say they were a lot brighter after the mods.

Back