Technical pin out and tech of abarth 500 ecu

Currently reading:
Technical pin out and tech of abarth 500 ecu

does anyone have this kind of information please? also a reg that i could order one for? much appreciated. abarth/fiat have this information trussed up like the queens jewels god knows why. has anyone bought one from ebay and had it re-virginised-does that work at all? for ecu transplant to a diff model. any idea of pricing or recommendations for tuners for the work? many thanks

:slayer:

I think you'll find that the Abarth 500 ecu is very different than the Panda one -- for one thing, it seems to do a lot more.

One way to go would be something like the Digital ECU Tuner 3 -- a very sophisticated (but cheap) piggy back ECU. Honeymonster has a thread on one (for a Cinq turbo) here.

The Poles have used these things extensively.

So a bit of research which might help....

From the ECU compatibility on the FIATECUSCAN site its apparent that the same ECU (Bosch Motronic Me7.9.10) is used across both 1.4 16v and 1.4 16v TJets. Obviously the software on the ECU will differ somewhat as there are a few power output variants covered here.

The exception appears unfortunatley to be on the Panda 1.4 which uses an older ECU (Bosch Motronic Me7.6.3). Unless of course there is a changeover to use the 7.9.10. Some time playing with EPER might help there.

As regards a pinout, now that we know the ECU names it might be possible to find these from Bosch.

Bosch Motronic Me7.6.3 CF4/EOBD Injection (16V)
Panda 06 1.4
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-ECU-Fiat-Grande-Punto-1-4-MPi-16V-05-08-0261208969-51798154-71791579-/280886168416?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41661ecb60

$(KGrHqUOKnIE535F(Y2dBPu21hwgbg~~60_58.JPG

Bosch Motronic Me7.9.10 CF5/EOBD Injection (1.4 16V)
A500 TJet 1.4
Grande Punto TJet 1.4
Bravo 1.4 TJet
Mito 1.4 Tjet

F500 1.4
Grande Punto 1.4
Bravo 1.4
New Doblo 1.4
Mito 1.4

$(KGrHqN,!osFCsB,2BGlBQ0Glu5h6!~~60_58.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-ECU-Fiat-Bravo-1-4-Turbo-120bhp-07-09-0261201688-51842535-/281040499505?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item416f51b331

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
does anyone have this kind of information please? also a reg that i could order one for? much appreciated. abarth/fiat have this information trussed up like the queens jewels god knows why. has anyone bought one from ebay and had it re-virginised-does that work at all? for ecu transplant to a diff model. any idea of pricing or recommendations for tuners for the work? many thanks

:slayer:

I've got an abarth ecu sitting in the garage. I was told it will only work with the car it came from (1 that had the ss treatment)

You want it?

Edit:
I see we already talked about this last year via pm. Anyway, it's still here if you want it.

Last edited:
does anyone have the ecu pin out for an abarth ecu? have tried getting hold of one from bosch but they are sooo slow! Pm me if you have-many thanks. and to answer the guys question up there^ im running a go-tech unit currently. Have managed to get it to run on the original ecu with different sensor and mil light goes out so we inch ever closer to the goal :)

having difficulty getting the pin out diags for the abarth tjet ecu with no part number. anyone got the diags or the part number please? fiat dealers conversations always start with whats the chassis/part number grrr

I've got an abarth ecu sitting in the garage. I was told it will only work with the car it came from (1 that had the ss treatment)

You want it?

Edit:
I see we already talked about this last year via pm. Anyway, it's still here if you want it.

I know this is a bit of a long shot but any chance that ecu is still floating around :confused:

I do have a pdf copy of the pinouts for the Bravo T-Jet which should be the same as the 500 due to using the same ecu, but cant seem to attach the pdf to my post for some reason???

Ok just needed 10 posts to upload attachments :bang:

Attachments

• ME7.9.10A1-1.4-Tjet-pinout.pdf
    133.8 KB · Views: 596
Back