Technical Possible EGR??

Currently reading:
Technical Possible EGR??

Rackham115

Just a quick one hopefully. I've done a search on this on here and have symptoms for two possible causes i think? :confused:

Basically, i have a 1.9mJet and started her up this morning, started fine but then started to stutter and misfire. There was a large amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust and when i put my foot on the accelerator (not in gear, just sat on the drive) revs would only climb to around 1500-2000 with a large plume of lightly coloured smoke.

I had a similar problem on my Stilo previously and it turned out to be EGR valve. I'm just after confirmation really.

Also would this contribute to intermittent starting problems? ive had my crank shaft sensor replaced due to non starting issues which solved it but it seems to be creeping back in, i'm hoping this is linked to whatever problem i have now.

Was going to try a clean of the EGR to see if it cures the problem.

Thanks in advance. (y)

I took a chance last night and took the EGR valve off and gave a good clean. Loads of sh*t came out, fitted back together and it would appear problem solved. Car runs fine now (well it did last night anyway). It did struggle to start but not sure if that was related or whether its the extremely cold temperatures outside?

hows it been running 2day??

Seems to be running ok in respect of working but its still not perfect. Every now and then accelerating from lower revs it takes a while to pick up, even the turbo doesnt kick in where itusually does, and then all of a sudden all the power suddenly cuts back in as if its been building up while its not been running. :confused:

Its nothing too serious to worry about at the moment, its running and thats enough for me at the minute (y)

Back