2009 Grande Punto, Part Help

Currently reading:
2009 Grande Punto, Part Help

phildiggle

Physics guy
Hi All,

Unfortunately 'er indoors has been involved in a little crash which has knackered the bumper, bonnet and passenger headlight.

I've now got said components, however when I went to fit the headlight, I noticed that there is another part which is broken. It's hard to explain exactly what it is, so I was hoping someone here was kind enough to shed some light.

Here's a diagram of the bumper assembly (hopefully correct)
http://fiatonline.com.ua/components...mages/8A/8A8BFFC47B2D9A1B72D6EF234BE875A5.png

and the part I think it is, is labelled as A-12 on that diagram.

I've rang the nearest (I say nearest, it's 40 miles away) geniune fiat parts dealer who's given me a part number of 71751814 but we were both unsure over the phone if the description was right, and it's a bit too far for a trip just to look at it.

For reference, it's what the lower lug of the passenger headlight bolts into, as well as the horn and the top edge of the bumper also bolts down to this plastic part.

I've found one on eBay which was £15, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-GRAN...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d3fb18ce but it's not a geniune part - whereas the one at the dealer is £57 inc VAT.

So, what I'm asking is - what's the technical name for this part and is the number above the right part number ('cause I can't find much on google, or ePER) £57 inc VAT seems a little excessive for the part, but I'd rather a genuine part than one that isn't unless I can be convinced otherwise haha.

Thanks for your help, hope that made some form of sense!
Cheers,
Phil

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks, it seems everyone I speak to calls it something slightly different...

Managed to source one on eBay for £22 delivered. Hopefully when it arrives it should be fine!

Cheers :)
The one from eBay for £22 was from a salvaged vehicle, not a blemish to it and fit like a glove. Chuffed with that one so thread can be closed now Mods

Back