General Panda Holiday.... Advice?

Currently reading:
General Panda Holiday.... Advice?

This is all Fuzzypandas (sam) fault as he put this idea in my head with the 'panda endurance' thread....

Ok, Alan and me have decided to go on holiday in september and are getting stumped where to go.

So far we've agreed on buying landbridge tickets that get us from Belfast to Calais for about 300 quid return.
That leaves us about 500 quid, 14 days, a tent, a gas cooker and a panda selecta (thats not called Bo, really, no not ever! :D ) ....and one of us that has a sense of adventure. (and it's not the Panda or Alan!) Oh, and a Motorola camera phone that takes lovely 'lavender' pictures.....

So your in Calais with the above equipment, what would you do?

(and no, going down the pub in Calais for 10 days with the money isn't an option!)

Jim
(and the first person that suggests that we cook on the panda and drive the gas stove all over europe gets kicked!)

Last edited:
Go to Le Mans when the race isn't on and drive the track.....

Go to Monaco and drive the track....

Go to Paris....

Etc. etc. etc. the list is endless and depends where you have already been!

I highly recoomend Monaco, went there last year (although in a VW Boring) and it was spectacular - Lamborghinis left right and centre, people blasting around on road-legal quad bikes, and gangs of little scooters having little drag races between sets of traffic lights!

Trouble is it's a bit of a long haul, and if you stay and have lunch or something, you'll spent a lot of money. A lot.

Ok, not bad....

As it's a Panda selecta and not a Panda Dino I'll miss out on the race tracks.

I like christophers idea of Turin. Has anyone been to Lingotto? Is it worth 300 euro just to stay the night in a fiat factory? :D

(ok that blows the budget.... so staying in the Le Meridien's not going to happen, but is the fiat museum any good?)

Last year on the way to Norkapp in the arctic we went to the Saab museum at Trolhatten and seen and identical saab inside to the one that I'd just driven there!

My parents drove with their caravan around Monaco I think, a panda wouldn't look too out of place!

The Negotiator said:
Stumped where to go in Europe?! Get a map out and pick places!

yeah, but I'm not sure if I can decide between Subotica or Bilhorod-Dnistrovs'kyy.... There's nothing worse than going to these places out of season!

(really should not of used a pin and a blindfold there :D )

Jim

Both great places ;)

There's loads of places, you should tell everybody what you like and it would make it easier :)

The Negotiator said:
Both great places ;)

There's loads of places, you should tell everybody what you like and it would make it easier :)

Well, I brought the thread up because I was wondering if anyone had been somewhere interesting that had a bit of a fiat twist (like the Lingotto factory in Turin) or had taken there fiat somewhere unusual (and brought it back again unlike the Plymouth to Dakar guys)

Jim

i think you should cook on the panda and drive the gas stove all over europe :D

cheaper to run, and probably more reliable :D

.......i know, but i cant refuse a dare :p

Back