Croma £795 bin or less it has offer button

Currently reading:
Croma £795 bin or less it has offer button

Gosh - I'm very reassured that a Croma is capable of doing 230,000 miles! Mine's hardly run-in then.

Although going from the description it has managed to accumulate a few defects along the way.

Still, 230k - I wondered whether mine would reach 3 figures, never mind 4, at one point early on.

Wouldn't mind the centre caps off the alloys though, I've lost 2 of mine and can't find them anywhere.

Well no wonder the taxi company went bust if they were using Cromas :D

Looks like it has all the same issues ours had, plus engine management. If they take the battery off for a while they could get the power windows error on too!

Mind you, 230k! How many sets of driveshafts have they been through in that time?!

Wouldn't mind the centre caps off the alloys though, I've lost 2 of mine and can't find them anywhere.

Same here. I have seen blank ones on ebay that might be the right size, but never got round to trying them.

I was going to read the details on the ebay listing for the Croma, but my room's not big enough for me to get far enough from the screen to read it.

WHY DO EBAY SELLERS THINK THAT THIS MAKES PEOPLE WANT TO BUY THINGS? IDIOTS.

Well no wonder the taxi company went bust if they were using Cromas :D

Looks like it has all the same issues ours had, plus engine management. If they take the battery off for a while they could get the power windows error on too!

Mind you, 230k! How many sets of driveshafts have they been through in that time?!

Looks good for a winning line in a game of warning lights bingo anyway.

Same here. I have seen blank ones on ebay that might be the right size, but never got round to trying them.

I was going to read the details on the ebay listing for the Croma, but my room's not big enough for me to get far enough from the screen to read it.

WHY DO EBAY SELLERS THINK THAT THIS MAKES PEOPLE WANT TO BUY THINGS? IDIOTS.

I KNOW!!! THIS DRIVES ME NUTS!!! AND ALL THOSE DAMN EXCLAMATION MARKS!!! WHAT'S THAT ALL ABOUT???

And anyway, who in their right mind would pay anyone £3995 to a garage for one with 230k on it???!!!

And I see it needs glow plugs as well.

Odds on the dpf being OK?

I hope someone on here who knows what they're doing buys it because I'd love to know what it's like really.

It's worth about £125 scrap value, not a penny more. It's knackered. Any parts that haven't failed will be worn to death, and the interior will be full of vomit. I'd say it's the worst Croma I've ever seen for sale, on all counts.

I see there have been a few offers made on it. I'd love to know how much for.

scrapped whole you mean?

What do you mean - would I break it for parts? The only part I'd remove is the tax disk. The rest could go straight in the pot. Just scrape the remnants of the Fiat badges off the top of the pot after it's melted!

But if anyone does scrap it, please send Brain and I two wheel caps each please.

Two wheel caps would be nice but I'm guessing you won't be putting in an offer, Doofer?

You're right about the wheel caps. Oh well, never mind. :D

It's just halved in value then.

I did weigh my Croma recently. I think it was about 1.8 tons, so more than the manual says. That's with a glass roof, 18" wheels and an 18" spare. Probably a full tank too.

There again, it will be empty of fuel when I scrap it, and the glass is worthless - in fact there's a big hole in the roof where it is, so that's less steel.

I still say it's worth £125 for collection by the buyer, using one of those trucks with a crane that picks it up by scrunching the roof. Other than that, who's going to buy it?

I put mine on a weighbridge once with just me and some camping stuff and it came in at over 1700kg.

It's nothing if not heavy.

Back