Off Topic Fiat 500 L commerical oh dear!

Currently reading:
Off Topic Fiat 500 L commerical oh dear!

Embarassing IMHO. The 500 advertising has never targeted any sex or age group which us why it's been successful. This might work on dozey women who think they need an articulated lorry to carry around a child, but it will alienate other people who might have looked at it

Typical daily mail quote the whole video virtually word for word, make a minor comment about the video it's self and turn fiat in to a French car manufacture, seriously if you didnt know did you not think it might have been a good idea to google "fiat" just to see which country they come from? Or maybe the act of journalistic research would have taken valuable time out of your day reserved for 'making **** up' and 'casual racism'

Btw to the OP this had already been posted in both the leisure lounge and 500L forums

The wife thinks it's good and she is the target market (a mum with a 2.5year old)

oh dear, not aimed at blokes or singles then. I think they may be doing themselves out of some of the market there.

No bloke or single person should be driving that car anyhow. It will be driven by young families and old/disabled people who get it on motability

The 500L is going head to head with the mini clubman, both cars are supposed to be school run mobiles not big family cars and not aimed at 18 year olds, manufactures know that in these situations women hold the reins over how and what the money is spent on, fiat have always closely targets there cars at young single or couples looking for a "life style" of fun flirty, coffee shops and nipping around town

this new car takes a look at the life style the customer is already living and has matched the car to fit (or so is the implication) marketing it's self as the trendy 'designer' option for middle class white families with a couple of children under the age of 5 and with enough disposable income to afford the luxuries like a new car every few years

No bloke or single person should be driving that car anyhow. It will be driven by young families and old/disabled people who get it on motability

Forgive me, I always thought that a 'young family' would include a bloke or is that just me being old fashioned :rolleyes:

The wife would drive it.
The bloke will have his own car and not drive the disabled car.

My wife wouldn't, we always choose the car together as even though it would be her car we both would drive it. Just as I made sure she was happy with my choice when I was ordering the 500c.

By alienating half the population before you start seems a very silly approach IMHO

My wife wouldn't, we always choose the car together as even though it would be her car we both would drive it. Just as I made sure she was happy with my choice when I was ordering the 500c.

By alienating half the population before you start seems a very silly approach IMHO

Does it really alienate half the population? If the car was something I liked and an advert that was not aimed at me would not put me off.

You do have a point, I have a tendancy of picking cars others hate. The number of people that have ridiculed me because I'm buying a 500 is amazing, especially when I tell them that its going to only have two cylinders and be purple.

I'll probably end up with a 500L in a few years time :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
A risky strategy in my view. Unless they also add the "male advert" version, and that will make a new marketing concept.
I actually like the car, I only think the wheels are too small for the size of the body.

Back