Technical charging my battery

Currently reading:
Technical charging my battery

mollypeanut

mk 1 punto

hi i need to take my battery out to charge will this mess with my immobilser as ive got no code and only got the first blue key no red key

Re: want to charge my battery

cheers dave just getting differant answers so dont no wot to do really thanks

Re: need to charge my battery

You should not need any type of key and it will not mess your immobiliser up unless something else upsets in.

I have removed / changed the battery quite a few times on my Punto and have never needed another key or code.

battery problems

hi ive just jump stated my car frm a jump starter i brought 2day kicked in first time no problem drove it for about 5 mins swichted engine off then tryed 2 restart it again and it would not start can any1 help and tell me wot im doing wrong many thanks.

Re: battery problems

it needs at least a hour running mate mine was same sunday left it running for half hour then took it for a drive

Re: battery problems

5 minutes isn't long enough, even assuming that the alternator is perfect and the battery good.

the old addage was 10 miles driving to put back 1 start..,

with lights / wipers/ fan , etc you could be looking at an hours running - Remember - your battery was probably less than 10 volts, and you'll be looking for 13V + to start it well - putting that extra charge in will take time..,

Charlie

Not sure what you are after, but you can't charge a battery with another battery. You will need a charger.

Before you splash your cash on new battery make sure your alternator works as it should and your are not draining the battery when the car is not running (dodgy stereo etc.)

Believe Dave. If it's about Puntos or rabbits and doesn't involve the Laws of Thermodynamics, Dave knows best.

I think Dave knows a lot more about Thermodynamics than you give him credit for.

The wifes Punto battery went in the cold snap (she doesnt drive it enough) wouldn't start, little engine warning light on. Jumped it from my even reliable Seicento and took it on the M25 for a hour. Used it myself for a journey to and from work (20mins each way) and it seems fine now. But I must admit if I didn't know how old the battery was I would be tempted to change it as the downside isn't worth the cost. Its the semi aut version so no push starting option on this.

always worth doing some fault finding first, i replaced my GT battery when i got it, wouldn't hold its charge for longer than 24hours if you didn't drive it.. New battery though only lasts 5-6 days before its flat though so there is still something afoot as the battery in my seicento started the car after not being used for nearly 12 whole months at the beginning of summer, i was well surprised though!.

Back