General punto vs clio

Currently reading:
General punto vs clio

rich hemmings

okay i know you are all sick of me doing this but i have now narrowed my short list down to a punto or a clio

i like the stylling of the clio, very modern and looks quite fun to drive

thanks

rich

p.s
both would be 1.2

Last edited:
rich hemmings said:
i like the stylling of the clio, ver modern and looks quite fun to drive
I'd pick your white stick up and walk to the Fiat Dealers if I were you. I know the latest Punto is ugly enough to make a baby cry (sorry phase 3 owners but it looks like a Hyundai Getz :() but even that's better looking than a Clio.

If it's a MK2 or MK1 Punto you are talking about then it really is a no brainer. Can't get a better looking car or grin-per-pound factor in it's class.

wolfracepunto said:
Im driving a Clio and enjoying it actually- It feels better built, but it's only done 4k miles. Which spec/year would you get in both cars?
he is only saying that because his sister is reading this and he dont want to end up walking :p

if you a boy get a punto, if you are someones sister get a clio simple isnt it :D

wolfracepunto said:
You said last time you'd decided on a Punto?! :nutter:

Im driving a Clio and enjoying it actually- It feels better built, but it's only done 4k miles. Which spec/year would you get in both cars?

for the punto i would like the mark 2 (any year from 51 to 03)
1.2 active 3 door

for the clio i woud like the current verson (any year from 51 to 53)
1.2 Dynamique 3 door or Expression 1.2

my buget it hofully £4000 to £4500

thanks

rich

The Clio Dynamique is equivalent to the Punto Active Sport. Both have nicer interiors and more equipment so I say go for one of those, not the Active or Expression.

Clio Dyn has auto wipers/lights, sunroof, 4 airbags, ABS, CD, remote locking etc......Dont know the exact specs of the Punto Active Sport but someone else should ;)

thanks for that,when i do pass ma test (thouch wood by the end of november!) i will be test driving both cars. No offence but i think the clio will win my vote!!

thanks

rich

Last edited:
OK, just this week my brother had to move my MK1 Punto out of the way to get my mother's Clio out... he drives that more often than I do now... and he is now in love with my car just because it's more eager to move and is a bit better on the steering front (you are actually in control of what direction it goes in)... now then, having driven this said Clio for 6 months (5DR 1.2 Expression 02reg) I can say that compared with the Punto it's a fussy, flouncy car with a naff turning circle and just a little too much reliance on electronic measures... it DOES have silky smooth feather light power steering and a clutch designed for driving in high heels (if you like that sort of thing) and also quite a nice sound system as standard (better than an MK1 Punto anyhoo) But I know my car is safe having a FIAT badge large on its heart for a while yet!!! (y)

lol...people think the Clio has a bad turning circle since the V6 has one, both having turning circles of 10metres.

If you can, get the 1.5dci, i doubt you will but it's the pick of the engines (65 a bit lacking, 80 is the best choice, 100 will be too bad for your insurance).

There's nothing wrong with clios as such other than being a bit ugly but a good mk2 3 door represents much better value, you get a whole lot more space inside as well as it generally looking a lot smarter.

The second hand value of FIATs is so low that you can get a better car for the same money.

rich hemmings said:
like i keep saying i am just thinking about it, i like both cars but i'll have to pick one or another WONT I!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

rich
*looks with hypnotic eyes* you will pick punto, you will pick punto you will pick punto, you will pick punto you will pick punto, you will pick punto you will pick punto, you will pick punto you will pick punto, you will pick punto you will pick punto, you will pick punto you will pick punto, you will pick punto you will pick punto, you will pick punto :D

fixitagaintomorrow said:
If you go for the Clio, buy a Clio rsi then find another consonant from another car badge (rt perhaps?) and make a very rude word on the boot.

Yes, I am an infant at heart, but happy with my failings :)

lol! :worship:

get a punto :)

Back