Technical Abarth Punto evo Esse Esse on DYNO

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth Punto evo Esse Esse on DYNO

Ranger Kriss

Hello please I need help,

Did any of you, that have APE esseesse put it on the dyno yet? I did and I have 175hp and 228ft/lbf. I think that my HP are too low.

What are your results and should I be worried about it.

Thanks

First off, what mileage has your car done as it does need time to run in and when was it last serviced? And to be honest, 175BHP comes in at around 180PS (actual is 177.4ps). What you have to remember is that most manufacturers state power figures in PS rather than BHP.

Also, just read up on some things recently. BHP (Brake horsepower) takes into account of gearbox and drive-train system (like the drag of wheel bearings and the torsional twist of the driveshafts) rather than the engine itself. HP (Horsepower) is the measurement of the engines output without gearbox and drive-train system.

Last edited:
That is not bad figures, what fuel were you running? You have to run at least 98RON.

I got 195bhp and 228lbs on 99RON.

Well it had 800 miles on it when I did the Dyno testing. I´m from Czech Republic and the fuel here is not that good like in GB or Germany. Also I did the dyno on witer tires and the the guy that was doing the dyno said that they are more slippery and could cost me some hp.

So how long does it takes for eSeS kit to get in proper working condition?

Last edited:
Well it had 800 miles on it when I did the Dyno testing. I´m from Czech Republic and the fuel here is not that good like in GB or Germany. Also I did the dyno on witer tires and the the guy that was doing the dyno said that they are more slippery and could cost me some hp.

So how long does it takes for eSeS kit to get in proper working condition?

Like any engine, anywhere between 5,000 and 10,000 miles.

Hello please I need help,

Did any of you, that have APE esseesse put it on the dyno yet? I did and I have 175hp and 228ft/lbf. I think that my HP are too low.

What are your results and should I be worried about it.

Thanks

Hard to say whether that is right or not... Mine is not an EsseEsse but put out 171bhp on normal fuel after 12k so its well run in.

175 does sound lower than most guys are getting but then who cares... Its all about the way it makes you feel and if you smile then all is good! (y)

Back