Technical Leaking Fuel Filter Housing on 2004 2.0 JTD

Currently reading:
Technical Leaking Fuel Filter Housing on 2004 2.0 JTD

whitespirit66

Took my Scudo in for a service at my local garage in the summer. When I got home, diesel was leaking out of the fuel filter housing. Took it back, and the mechanic 'fixed' it by taking the old seal out of the bin and swapping it for the new one he fitted earlier. He said they often do that with the new seals.

Anyway, it's just started leaking again. Does anyone know the answer to sealing these filters? Another thread mentioned a special 27mm wrench. Is this for my van, or other models?

Any help appreciated, as I'm loosing liquid gold everywhere I go! :(

Do a search for previous thread "Leaking Fuel Filter Housing" might help. This seems a common problem, only cured by superhuman tightening, in the case of mine a chain wrench, like the ones for stubborn oil filters...or if it's the other design with a 27mm socket and mooted elsewhere a club hammer and screwdriver!! Secret I feel is to ensure total cleaning beforehand...have this problem every time I change the fuel filter...new housing hopefully will cure next time.

Thought I would share with you, me and scudo fuel filter housings just do not get along! Had another leak-no fuel on top so it must be crack in housing or the white nylon water bleed valve on bottom...at this point fuel was leaking-but not excessivly-found diesel around this bleed valve so proceeded to slacken it with engine running to geve some pressure to flush out any debris that might have been on the valve-then tightened it-whooosh" bloody diesel jetted out and up over my shoulder like a fountain!!! Relieved to find it was just a perished washer in the bleed valve-saving me £60-90 for a new housing again!:slayer::slayer::slayer:

take the top back off and clean it completely where the screw threads r inside it if not clean it will not tighten right up

Back