General Interior mirror 'fell off'

Currently reading:
General Interior mirror 'fell off'

faster4_tec

Burninator of threads!
Whilst cleaning windscreen on monday night I managed to knock it off with my head, didn't break the mirror, but took a sizable chunk out of the windscreen with it, and cannot reattach it.
Have tried Mirror Bond (two packets as first patch was out of date), but it just falls off again on the road (cleaned mirror foot and screen with meths before hand).
So have given up now and am using a 'mirror patch' which is basically an expensive bit of double sided, but it lets the mirror vibrate to the point where I want to tear it off, sometimes looks as if cars 50-80yards behind me are about to run into me at +100mph!!

What can I do? Would a glass repair shop be able to do something? Or autoglass type peeps?

Its driving me nutts!!! :bang:

This happened to me too. I thought I might need to replace the windscreen because of the amount of glass missing from from the windscreen! But I took it to Autoglass they had a look at it and just reattached it with some sort of glue/bondant thing. He said if that hadnt worked they had plenty of other stuff to try. So just a suggestion but may be worth going to see them or someone similar to see wot they suggest. (I didnt have to pay either ;) )

Back