GP Mystery interior stain

Currently reading:
GP Mystery interior stain

james44422

Oh Lord! I bought a Fiat!
When I bought my GP it came with a stain next the sky dome, I initially thought there could be water leaking from the sky dome, it was sent to the garage and they checked the seals and it came back fine.

The dealer steam cleaned the stain and managed to get rid of most of the stain but not all.

I have kept an eye on it and it is not growing but I was wondering weather people had any thouhgts on how to remove the rest of the stain or ideas for covering it up.

I checked another thread and someone suggested it could be the glue behind the trim. I'm out of manufacturers warranty so getting the inside trim replaced is not really an option and it may just come back.

So any ideas for stain removal? Appreciate any help :)

8161761118_9830dbc5d4_c.jpg

8161761482_00352d10e2_c.jpg

8161730395_d9aebc5cb8_c.jpg

Probably a daft idea but could you paint it to match the colour of the headlining if you can't get rid of it? Might at least make it less noticeable?

Thanks Robin. This is also something I have considered but like you thought it may be daft, as I think the stain goes right through the trim I think a little dab of upholstery paint may be the only option.

Ill go with the paint option and let you know the results

Nice, I'm guessing yours is aftermarket?

If so did you do it yourself? I would much prefer a darker inrerior. Sounds bizarre but my most recent cars are just too bright inside!

Nice, I'm guessing yours is aftermarket?

If so did you do it yourself? I would much prefer a darker inrerior. Sounds bizarre but my most recent cars are just too bright inside!

No its the standard abarth interior. I have to say it is one of the many pleasing things about the abarth. I've had the cream interior on my tjet and the black looks loads better. :eek:

I have it in my skydome t-jet too and its been there sice i bought it 2 yeras ago. Just seems to be the way the material is stretched to fit round the roof and where the sun visors are connected to the roof and the glue has just seaped out.

Back