Technical OBD Interface for MK2 Punto 1.2 8v?

Currently reading:
Technical OBD Interface for MK2 Punto 1.2 8v?

cheapskatemotors

I'm looking to hook my W-Reg (2000) MK2 Punto up to a laptop via an OBD interface. Trouble is: all the OBD interfaces state that they cover cars from 2001 on. No-one will actually say whether or not they will work with a MK2 Punto (sold 1999-2001).

Anyone have any experience on this? What is the engine management system on this model? (eg Bosch/Marelli/etc) - I can maybe work it out from there..

Cheers! That's what I thought.
BUT I also want to access the SRS and ABS stuff. The SRS mainly..
From what I've read, I'd need THREE interface leads to do this.. still, all in all it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than OBDlink - assuming it works..

Last edited:
Mines an 2000 X-reg, I bought a vagcom KKL lead, an ELM lead, the three adapters and got FES and I've had no problems connecting to everything. The one thing I do get is an error when I connect to the engine ECU, "incorrect ISO code" I think but its been a while.

Dan

Cheers! That's what I thought.
BUT I also want to access the SRS and ABS stuff. The SRS mainly..
From what I've read, I'd need THREE interface leads to do this.. still, all in all it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than OBDlink - assuming it works..

You'd need the separate colour coded cables and ELM cable to access individual ECU's on the car, the VAG-COM KKL can work on the Engine ECU but accessing ABS, SRS, Airbag etc. You will need the three colour cables and ELM to access these and the full version of MES (MultiECUScan), you can pick up these pretty cheap also if you look on eBay you might be lucky to get them all as a bundle!

Hope this helps :)

Back