Ecodrive android app?

Currently reading:
Ecodrive android app?

EvoStevo

Established member
Does anyone use the app?

Is it any good, whats it do?

I noticed it while searching for something to put on my google nexus 7 (new toy).

I searched the android market the other day to see if there was an app and it didn't appear, now its there and says its been there since june :s

Anyway i'm keen to try it, I only got round to installing ecodrive today so I dont have any trip data yet, plus in my spare time tomorrow i'm updating my phone so no point installing it on my phone today. But i'll report back next week with what I think :)

(Also Apple users, I checked my iPad, there is an iPad version but I cant see any iPhone version)

The apps not bad.. but you cant upload data with it you still have to use the PC for that.

It doesn't connect to the B&M system or anything like that.. it just works like the app on PC.. it shows all the same data etc, so its of limited use, you might as well use the PC to view the data when you are uploading it.

I eventually uploaded several months worth of data and yes can see it on the app.

I guess its something to talk about - "here have you seen how my car tells me how bad I'm driving" sort of thing.

About as useless as the PC version.

Mines has been auto updating from the app all on its own, it refused to for a long while but ive just been leaving it be for a couple of months, loaded the pc app with the phone not connected and noticed it all up to date.

I guess Ecodrive needs an update to be supported on Android 4.0.4 devices (Ice Cream Sandwich)...

I guess Ecodrive needs an update to be supported on Android 4.0.4 devices (Ice Cream Sandwich)...

I have ICS 4.2.1 installed and it works fine.

(If you can call wrong values being fine...)

And what the heck is the point of the Ecoville bit?

Its just a picture..

Last edited:
I have ICS 4.2.1 installed and it works fine.

(If you can call wrong values being fine...)

And what the heck is the point of the Ecoville bit?

Its just a picture..

4.2.1 is JellyBean

I don't know if there are differences between versions of different countries... but I can see a lot of comments in the app page regarding the incompatibility for ICS devices...

Back