Technical glow plug relay

Currently reading:
Technical glow plug relay

You should have a look at the stilo guides, there is one for dealing with the Preheat Fault message. You can use it to confirm if the glowplugs are ok or not, also may be worth wiggling the connector plugs on the relay if all plugs test OK. remember the fault message will not clear immediately after the fault is cured

You should have a look at the stilo guides, there is one for dealing with the Preheat Fault message. You can use it to confirm if the glowplugs are ok or not, also may be worth wiggling the connector plugs on the relay if all plugs test OK. remember the fault message will not clear immediately after the fault is cured

Thanks dude, well i have been told by the garage the glow plugs have tested fine, but i will break out the multimeter and test it myself, and give the plugs a wiggle, should the error message not go once tested and ok, or does it need 3 starts like the engine management light to clear? the reason i ask is the pre heat fault only pops up when starting and flashes a few seconds then goes off

is the fuse ok? might be worth popping it off, clean and re seat?

i dunno not had a look yet, it still starts fine, but want to get the niggly bits ironed out, already sorted my electric window panel, bought a new one and it was worse than teh old one, so i stripped my original down and cleaned all teh contacts with nail varnish remove and now it works fine back windows work from font panel now so that is good

The warning message should stop after 3 clear starts.
I have had to change a couple of mine since I had her (2 and 4), and both times showed the same:
turn key to on, glow plugs symbol lit, and extinguished so I started the car
the after car started I got the preheat fault warning beep and glow plug light flashed for about 20 seconds.
followed the guide and replaced the odd reading one, 3 starts, car happy

Pre heat Fault again

Hi chaps, i have a weird one, i still have not got round to looking at the glow plugs as i have been working long hours and not using my car, but i have noticed when warmed up, and say i have to make 3 stops, after the 3 rd stop i do not get the pre heat warning, does this help narrow it down? as if it was the relay surely i would still get a error and if it was the fuse i would still get the error?

i must get the multimeter out and check the glow plugs

thanks in advance for any help

Robin

Back