Technical cig lighter issue...

Currently reading:
Technical cig lighter issue...

Hi,

So my cig lighter hasn't worked for awhile now, but want to fix it now so to the point i have replaced center console no joy i have checked plug at the back still no joy same with fuse which is healthy. So im thinking maybe loose connection or bad earth? Anyone know where the earth is and other end of the connection is?

Thanks!

fuse is bottom right one up i seem to remember
put a known good one in (apparently poundland ones have issues)

then with a bulb on a wire see if by grounding one side of the cig light plug one at a time the bulb lights up
usually its the cig lighter itself that causes issues like they arent really designed for anything other than er a cig lighter think a well used lady of the night

Attachments

• 266999_bulb_2.jpg
    266999_bulb_2.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 17
well to be honest i would poke the hole with a sharp instrument to get to clean metal then try the accrutiment you are wanting to work
if it still fails to work i would replace
last time i took one to bits mind it took me ages to work out how to disassemble it from the console cover:eek:

theres lots on the bay

theres 2 metal tangs inside the socket which often get bent causing poor or no connection bend them in over so they are tight against lighter or what your sticking in but remove the fuse before i carnt remember if its live all the time but u will blow it if you use a small screw driver but its the best tool for the job

Back