General Cold Air From Vents

Currently reading:
General Cold Air From Vents

regibhoy

Hi Guys,
Driving a Bravo 2007 1.4tjet with 35000 miles

Looking for a wee bit of help, just recently noticed my car making a strange buzzing sound while just having the ignition just on at position 1 or 2 (not actually running the car) it seems to be coming from the heater area, just out of interest i turned the heating on full blast and at full temp at 32 degrees, and i realised that only the drivers side was producing hot air.

The passenger vents on the centre of the dash, side and windscreen where absolutely freezing, i had just driven for 45 mins so no reason why the car hadn't heated up properly. This only started after i fitted a new head unit so thinking maybe dislodged something (hopefully fingers crossed) or has anyone had any experience otherwise, i'm hoping not a heater matrix or water pump just looking for any advice .

Cheers guys Regi

Presumably you have climate control, not simple air conditioning. Sounds like you have a jammed flap not allowing hot air to the passenger side. The buzzing may be the actuator motor struggling to try and open it. I believe a water pump is easy compared to fixing this. :(

the little electric motor controlling the flap that lets in hot air flow in your car is broken and needs replacing.

It appears to be a common problem on the bravo since I have one failing in my car too. I got tired of the noise so I found it and unplugged it until I get it replaced.

If you're lucky enough and it's not too far inside the dash, you could unplug it and move it manually into a more comfortable setting.

Last edited:
Cheers for the info guys, guess ill have to strip it down then see if and where it is jamming, failing that it's off to the garage for someone to charge me and arm and a leg to do the job, bloody typical my last day off and this happens and i have a funeral today so could have got to work on it asap, ah well need to make do till next week.

Just as a pointer guys how do i access it any wee tips would be appreciated.
Oh and yes it is climate control

Cheers again Regi

my failing part is accessible from the left side of the center console but I don't know about yours, you must listen to try to locate the noise source.

if you know where your pollen filter is, that'd be a good place to start searching.

Mines is coming from the left hand side too, so think i start where you suggested,
cheers mate

Regi

hi guys,
having the same issue :S

is it possible to change it at home somehow?

(y)

it is possible, but ive not managed it on mine yet, the motor and metal support for the dash are too close on the passenger side (UK car) so i cant even get to the plug to kill the power to the motor and manually adjust it, you have to remove the side panels in the passenger footwell to access the motor

I'm getting a mate to see if he can manually sort it for now, he's gonna do tomorrow so if i get any joy i will post back and let you know how easy or hard it is to DIY it. Cheers Regi(y)

From what I understand from a couple of Fiat technicians these motor failures are quite common on Bravos & Puntos(?) of the 2006 to 2008 (possibly 2010) era.

Cheap plastic cogs/drives that just fracture.

Keep you fingers crossed the front motor (5th motor) that contols the recirculate flap does not fail. The only way to access this motor is to remove the whole dashboard etc. to get to the top front of the air unit.

I'm hoping that cars produced from 2011/12 onwards will have much better motors fitted to reduce warranty costs to Fiat.

Last edited:
Another update, another drama!!!!
My mate didn't even look at it, ran the car for 5/10 mins and guess what HOT AIR????, worked ok on Sunday morning then Monday morning freezing cold again aaaarghh (and it was bloody cold up here in Scotland that day).

So today removed the panels, glove box,gear box cover and surrounding trim to try and get access to the back of the unit, removed the stereo as well just to give me some space and still couldnt get to the back of the Climate control unit, finally back to the footwell disconnected the power lead from the motor to the climate left it for 10 mins had a cuppa went back reconnected ran the car and guess what HOT AIR????, not got a clue what is going on, dunno if the flaps are opened now and letting the air through cause i havent a clue where they are, Tad-Bravo mentioned the Pollen filter but im fkd if i can find that, just cannot see anywhere to gain access and manually open the flaps and disconnect the plug that opens and closes them, Ive had it, trading the car in before the winter hits bugger it:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Just to add further the noise/buzzing is coming from the motor in the passenger footwell and cant see anyway of accessing that either, im going daft with this bloody thing and i love my wee Bravo as well but 5 years on it might be time to say a fond farewell things going wrong that will cost dearly so!!!! Abarth 500 i fancy would dearly love a Guiletta Cloverleaf but we will see :idea:

mine does that, if i whack it on HI i get hot air, anything else its freezing cold, also my windscreen flap motor has gone aswell, ive managed to unplug that and manually adjust it, only thing is i dont get air from the center vents now

The pollen filter is enclosed in a black plastic box easily accessible behind a plastic panel near your clutch pedal.

There's also a special button combination on the ac control unit to make go into test mode, I don't remember right now but you can search for it on the forum.

Back