potential problem in Vanos

Currently reading:
potential problem in Vanos

Elihani

I have a Fiat Punto HGT
whenever my cold engine starts, i get to hear light metal sounds and tickelling coming from my engine ....
the point is ,i went to my mechanic and he told me that its a Vanos issue!!!
he also told me that i have to change my oil engine to full synthetic oil (10-60)
i might stop my problem for the time being ,,,
so iam asking an advice about what type of oil should i use? Second how to heal my Vanos IF its a problem coming from it???????
Advice PLZ

I have a Fiat Punto HGT
whenever my cold engine starts, i get to hear light metal sounds and tickelling coming from my engine ....
the point is ,i went to my mechanic and he told me that its a Vanos issue!!!
he also told me that i have to change my oil engine to full synthetic oil (10-60)
i might stop my problem for the time being ,,,
so iam asking an advice about what type of oil should i use? Second how to heal my Vanos IF its a problem coming from it???????
Advice PLZ

Would suggest posting in the Punto section.

Looked for a recommendation on opie and I get the impression that a 10w60 would be too thick. Picture attached of an 'expensive' oil that looks good. You could also get a recommendation directly from them or go with the recommended oil in the handbook.

Re the question about healing your Vanos that was a suggestion on how one could cure it on the youtube but the Punto forum is probably your best bet.

Attachments

• OPIE HGT.jpg
    OPIE HGT.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 54
Back