Technical Doblo 1.9 JTD speedo problem

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 1.9 JTD speedo problem

wot

I have a 54 plate 1.9 jtd doblo i use as a taxi, at 250k mile the mile oddometer stopped working, but the trip etc all still worked fine, no big problem, but then last weekend the speedo stopped working mid shift after starting up after putting fuel in, no pulse getting to my taxi meter meaning early finish, got a replacment gearbox sender but it still didnt work, tried alsorts but not joy, in the end i started pulling every fuse out and found fuse 11 in the engine bay fuse box was blown,not sure what its for (symbol was of an open book?) but replaced it, worked fine until later that night, agian after putting fuel in and starting up it blow again, replaced it and it worked again, i've replaced the fuse about 5 time now, always after starting the car after during normal useage, but now its blown the fuse striaght away, put a muiltmeter on the fuse contacts to see how many amps its pulling and it went off the scale and stated to melt the probes? at a loss now as to what it can be, cant find anything online about it or what the fuse is for? anybody had the same problem?

Back