Currently reading:
What should i do ?

RossBatten

Hi , I have just bought my first car, a 1.2 Grande Punto.

i want to get new ideas on what small mods i could do, both for looks and preformance.

i have money for 99% of mods but need ideas!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 62
The car looks nice enough as it is. Why change it? If you needed more performance you should have gotten one with a bigger engine.

Get a set of OEM alloys from a high spec model just to tidy it up a bit and I would look into getting the door handles colour coded.

No point in spending money on "performance" mods. It's a 1.2 8v afterall. You could throw hundreds and hundreds at it and only see a 10hp gain. Depending on what you buy, you may even see a decrease in power. It's not worth it. If you wanted a quicker car, you shouldn't have bought the bottom spec engine.

Spend some money on upgrading the ICE. Get a nice system and enjoy it.

Last edited:
thanks :) for the advice, i think im only going to get exhuast and induction kit, mainly for visual and the nice sounds :)
i have ordered the following :
new light bulbs ( HID )
new exhuast and back box
mudflaps
carbon wrap for dashboard
small front splitter

need to find the following to buy :
alloys from a newer/sporty spec
induction kit
subwoofer
bootlid ( mine is missing? cant find any online)
tempted to tint the windows a little bit darker, nothing too extream and then guna try to photoshop black roof and see what it looks like :)
black window mirrors and black door handles

whats everyones opinions ?

On this car, i think the first (and less expensive than some of your mods above) is to lower it. dont mean sit it on its arse, but lowering by 40mm makes the punto look so much better. Dont even know why FIAT made it so high to begin with, barely any other cars sit that high standard.

iv seen some really nice silver GPs with tints and black roofs on here, but would have to see if the 5door can pull it off, otherwise, id say go for it :)

regarding ICE, how much you looking to spend on sound i.e. subwoofer etc?

if you fancy colour coding the door handles:

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/292605-custom-paint-door-handles.html

They are Philips brand, which is a big well known brand, i guess they will be fine. But thanks for the warning:) i keep the spair old ones in my boot :)

They are Philips brand, which is a big well known brand, i guess they will be fine. But thanks for the warning:) i keep the spair old ones in my boot :)

Well you've guessed wrong. You've obviously never had a inconciderate person with a GP with illegal and frankly dangerously fitted aftermarket HIDs.

For starters the units are not designed for HIDs! The scatter no matter what you do will be so bad it's making me angry thinking about all the other inconciderate motorists who do it.

One main question - what do you hope to achieve??

Re other mods, go for it, at least they won't impose on and affect other motorists.

Personally, I think 5 doors look beasty lowered... Im guessing this is your first car?
I would spend some money on nice OEM alloys (Grande GP 16"s or T/M-jet 17"s look nice) and drop it 40mm or so on Eibach sportlines (choice of most on here)..

Or you could buy Wisey s wheels off him and drop it on coilies?

Its your own choice dude, dont follow the crowd unless you really like some of there choices?
Be individual and unique, that way you will stand out and make an impression!!
Performance wise, theres not alot you can do to the 1.2 8v... GSR/custom induction for nice noise and a little bit of throttle response, or spend £££s on the Supersprint full exhaust for as little as 10hp gains..

Look on youtube too.. im sure theres a 1.2 8v running 85hp and 90lbs/ft from a remap exhaust and induction... but £200 - £300 for 20hp and 30lbsft?? not worth it...

May aswell buy a T-jet/M-jet or even an old bravo HLX/HGT ;)

Tom

Thanks for all the HID lights updates. I shall read up.

Im hoping to figure out how to fix my exhaust and i might use the exhuast cement insted of welding it on to save the time to take it to the garage.
Still waiting on my mudflaps and carbon wrap.
Once i have all these fitted and payday at end of month has come i shall invest in a induction kit and spray paint for the window mirrors and handles, i bought some back to black for the mean time :)
Thanks Ross

updates :D

mudflaps arrived and fitted :)
sprayed my handles and stuff with back to black, waiting till pay day to buy a set of spray paints with your guide :)
carbon wrap arrived but isnt very sticky and dosnt bend very nicely, may buy a different brand, as it only cost £3,99

Going to get a S joint pipe from work made for the exhuast, sold as a grande punto exhuast but needs lots of modifications for it to actualy fit -.- but no rush, any ideas on what exhuast cement is like instead of a weld ?

cheers, Ross

new and old mirrors :) resprayed them

Attachments

• 57920_451450511560475_1714668200_n.jpg
    57920_451450511560475_1714668200_n.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 550499_451450831560443_1334665600_n.jpg
    550499_451450831560443_1334665600_n.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 18
Back