Technical Service Warning Indicator and leak

Currently reading:
Technical Service Warning Indicator and leak

dropthepuck

I have had my Stilo since June of last year. It has 9500 miles on it and according to to the service stamps in the book, it's first service was done on 19/5/2004 by the selling dealer. As yet I have received no warning indicator saying that the second service is due. Is it going to appear on the 19th? Then how long do you have to get the car in for service before it is too late, as far as warranty concerns go?

Also, I have had work (Air Conditioning pipe!) done on my Stilo at a Fiat dealer in the past. The work was done, but they never gave me any paperwork regarding that. Is that normal? I am used to getting paperwork whenever I get anything done on a car.

I also have a strange leak that has started. In the mornings I find drops of fluid right underneath the front bumper on both sides of the car. When I get home from work the spots are gone, so it must not be oil, so I can only think it is from the radiator. I have had a look underneath but there is a whole bunch of bumper stuff in the way. I am wondering if something was not put back on properly when the a/c was done a couple of weeks ago. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

The A/c Drips Water When The Unit Defrosts,get It On Mine As Well,so Its Probably That.but I'd Still Have It Checked,just In Case

If you have the abarth model you can look up when the service is due through the trip>info option. Maybe there is a way on the non-Connect Nav+ models. Have you read the manual? Technically you are required to service your car every 12000 miles or 12 months whichever comes soonest.

The drips sound as described.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the drip being the a/c condensation. Any idea where the drop pipe is? Maybe I'll run my a/c in the driveway to see where it comes from. I was just concerned since it was right under the front bumper.

As for the service indicator, I know I am due for service at 12 months, which is this week. I am surprised that I didn't get the indicator up yet.

If you access the onboard computer, the service indicator will tell you the mileage left and also the number of days before the service is due. Every service the computer is reset but sometimes they dont take properly and sometimes its not possible to carry out the procedure. Just use the mode button to check.

Back