General starter motor woes

Currently reading:
General starter motor woes

ivan c

Hi i want to buy a panda selecta but need a starter motor,i was wondering if the manual's starter will work ? they look a bit different in the pictures i have of them .wot u recon?
k reg selecta 999cc starter off my dead sisley (save a sisley) yeah right !!

Last edited:
ivan c said:
Hi i want to buy a panda selecta but need a starter motor,i was wondering if the manual's starter will work ? they look a bit different in the pictures i have of them .wot u recon?
k reg selecta 999cc starter off my dead sisley (save a sisley) yeah right !!

Is that the red one on ebay thats in need of a starter?

Jim

if i get it i'll take you up on the offer of the starter cheers m8,and as for me this will be panda no 3 in my drive (only one running)my sisley is sadly not going to be ready as soon as i'de like :bang:

christopher watson said:
forgot to say. i might have a spare starter from a selecta you could have (money would go to FF).
Just covering all my bases ... but do you still have that starter motor Chris?

christopher watson said:
sorry i dont, but i have one that i got off Alan.D that you can have, but i dont know if it would fit a selecta?
hmmm it will require research but like the other starter motor threads... i'll check the battery first.

Please note that the Selecta starter motor is individual to the auto box. It will not fit manual box or vice-versa.
Rgds.

petel said:
Please note that the Selecta starter motor is individual to the auto box. It will not fit manual box or vice-versa.
Rgds.
Strangely enough... I had a hunch that might be the case. well it was going on for a service anyway... I shall get them to have a look at it.

Back