Technical Fitting a genuine bootlid rear spoiler - advice needed

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting a genuine bootlid rear spoiler - advice needed

Jonfiat

Hi folks,

Have a replacement Seicento bootlid, my last one had a smashed rear screen.

Before my bootlid went to the scrapyard I removed the abarth spoiler as carefully as I could for refitting later. Now is that time!!

Looking for folks that have fitted a bootlid spoiler to offer any suggestions regarding how it should be done, (make it as basic as basic - as I could miss something simple).

*Are there any specific dimensions needed, (does the spoiler need to sit in a specific place on the bootlid - or is it obvious??

* What adhesive should I use, Fiat used black before, (mine's a yellow car, so I can't make mistakes..)!

So, I'm looking for anything.... anything at all - suggestion wise, that might help me get it correct first time.

Fingers are crossed someone can help me, photo's , measurements, advice on sealant adhesive, preparing the bootlid, preparing the spoiler, etc, etc.

Biggest of thankses!:worship:

Jon

you want a 1k pu sealent/adhesive.

Tigerseal is a brand but I use my local trade one thats £3 a tube. the choice is yours.

I would place the spoiler in situ, get a freind to mask around the edges exactly where it should sit. Make sure base of spoiler and bootlid is clean then apply the pu sealent / adhesive.

place the spoiler into place.

if you can get a clamp on it to hold it then do that, if not tape the spoiler down all over so it doesnt move,

leave for a good few hours and jobs a gooden! over night would be best!

Is there a specific location for the spoiler - does anyone have any measurements?

Or - is it obvious???

Cheers

Jon:)

to do mine i just tiger sealed it on once in place i taped the top in 8 places and put 2 tyres on it, left it over night and hey presto :D, just have some turps handy to wipe excess that squidges out of the edges as its a nightmare to get rid of once set lol

Back