Off Topic My '07 GP Sport

Currently reading:
Off Topic My '07 GP Sport

I got my car since 27th december 2011.
So a little over 7 months in I thought of creating a thread about it to list the little tweeks and problems I have had so far.

It's a standard black 1.9, 130 BHP Sport edition.
Couple of nice options are the skydome, parking sensors, guide me home and hill holder.

The first 6 months were waranty months and I had about everything done that's weak on the GP's.

A little list with jobs done under waranty:

- Battery replaced as the old one froze to death
- Leaking rear washer tube fixed
- Front strut bearings replaced
- EGR valve replaced
- New wheels as 2 were damaged when I bought the car
- Gearbox revision
- another couple of things I can't even remember

Total cost for these reapairs were 5500 euro without tax.
But after all that I got a prefectly driving car:rolleyes:

Mods I have done so far:

- EVO rear lights
- New Wheels 17" AEZ XYLO
- EGR valve closed off
- Forge front strutbar underneath the car
- Proffesionaly polished / cleaned on the inside
- Fixed my leaking tailgate, the badge let water through.

I'm not gonna lower it as it's a day to day car and I already hit some speedbumps with it.
Also chiptuning is not done as I don't trust the chiptuners here, they tune all brands and types with standard files. No even on an RR.

Picture time:
IMG_0650.JPG
IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG
IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0661.JPG

A nice clean GP. Love it! I don't think sportings need to be lowered to look good, unlike us in our poorer 1.4's ect :p

I'm not personally keen on the rims, simply because i've fell out of love with my rims as they have to many spokes...and yours have more still. Each to their own though. Other than that, great car!

Any other plans?

I like the wheels, where did you get them?

Don't know were they came from.
The company that I bought the car from is a lease company.
The waranty is done by a service network.
They just send them a bill for alignment of the two wheels and I chose some new ones from a folder. Quite a bit of sleepless nights on that one.
You never know how the look under your car. Seen a lot of pictures and went with these.

A nice clean GP. Love it! I don't think sportings need to be lowered to look good, unlike us in our poorer 1.4's ect :p

I'm not personally keen on the rims, simply because i've fell out of love with my rims as they have to many spokes...and yours have more still. Each to their own though. Other than that, great car!

Any other plans?

I do like the original 17" sport wheels but I couldn't find a new set of them on the web. And the dealer gave me a price of 1200 euro's for a set so I went for after market.
The wheels I had were far from straight. Alignment was only just possible and I didn't like the idea of it.

I do not have a lot of plans for the car anymore.
I got some Abarth headlights for Italy but one of them is broken, so that's gotta be taken care of first.
I want some led's as plate light on the rear but need to find some CANBUS ones that work. The front lights will be LED also planning on placing a resistor on the wires to fool the canbus system.
And the rear lights at the bottm, I want the all the same but don't know what color yet.
All Red, Clear or Black.

Last edited:
Got some new rear tyres last friday.
Instead of the Bridgestone Potenza's I got Continetal Sportcontact 3.
Still 385 euro's for a set including fitting, (n)

But they should be harder and wear less.
Only time will tell I guess.

As I got company car the Punto had to go.
I did'n want to cause I love the car but it's just eating money standing still in Insurance and taxes.

So it's gone...:(:cry:

Back to the Seicento I still have to work on as a hobby.

Back