Technical Handbrake, Fan & Start / Stop

Currently reading:
Technical Handbrake, Fan & Start / Stop

Thunderbug

Established member
My car is 2 months old & there are 3 queries which i would like to know more about:

1) Handbrake goes up 5/6 knotches before it bites, is this normal..?

2) I have to put the fan to 3/4 power before i get alot of air blowing through it, 3/4 power should be 1/2 way power.

3) Start / Stop system only worked for 1.5 weeks & has not worked since, i have the daylight lights on all the time. Would anything stop the system from working.

The more technical stuff in todays cars, the more there is to go wrong with them.

Is it an Abarth Punto Evo you have?

1) I'd say 5-6 notches is normal for any car. The question should be, is the handbrake very high when it is engaged? You could compare it to another one at your local dealer.

2) Do you have Air Con or Climate Control?

3) How long are your journeys? My stop/start doesn't engage unless I've done a few miles so there is enough charge in the battery. If I do lots of short trips then it rarely works. Also I know this may seem obvious but its worth making sure that you are in neutral and not touching either the clutch or the throttle? S&S only works when you are out of gear and off the pedals (you can still hold the foot brake though).

Hope that helps

I went to the dealer yesterday & they adjusted the handbrake to 2/3 knotches which feels much better.

They told me the same thing regarding the battery level charge, I was not told this when I collected the car, now I know what happens I can relax & not worry

I have both Air Con & Climate Control, should of got a double sunroof instead as not a fan of air con.

Too many things on the battery, I may upgrade with a bigger battery so everything works all the time.

Are the brake "pads" for an APE the same ones fitted to a normal Punto..?

If so will get some Mintex ones asap.

Glad to hear the handbrake is sorted.

Air Con is standard on the APE but climate is the option. There is no difference from a drain perspective. Climate is simply better as you just set the temp and then bask is the gloriously even temperature. But also bear in mind you can switch the AirCon bit off!

As for brakes I doubt they are the same as the stock Puntos don't have Brembo brakes.

Back