Broken USB port

Currently reading:
Broken USB port

TheSilverFox

Slowly getting there...
Ok so I was driving the other day and my USB stick kept skipping (like CD's used to when you go over a pothole) so I asked my girlfriend (in hindsight not a smart move) to pull the stick out and push back in. She pushed so hard that the USB port/cradle interface has been completely cleaved from the PCB.

I opened the Blue and me box when I got home to have a look how bad it was and can see what/how it has happened.

Just wondered, is it possible to buy the replacement USB cradle so I can unsolder and replace, or do I need to buy a new PCB? If so where can I get one from?

Chris

Pictures would help I guess.
The PCB must be like normal electronics like in a computer as it's running Windows CE.
It must be possible to solder a new USB cradle on there but you will need to be a good solder as it's tiny.

I have heard of this happening to several people. Soldering it back on is indeed the way forward but be carefull not to overheat any components on the PCB. Taking the PCB to an old school tv repair place might be a good idea if your not familiar with soldering.

Back