500 (USA) Just bought my Fiat 500!

Currently reading:
500 (USA) Just bought my Fiat 500!

Santiago

Hello all, I just bought my Fiat 500, it is the model sold in the us but I'm in México, it seems that in both countries it is the model made in Mexico.

Anyways, I've been checking every corner of the car and every tunable option and I've come across a few questions (not all of them may apply to every model, but it certanly applies to Mexican 500s of 2012 and all USA 500s)

- Has anyone succeeded in disabling the seat belt chime? the instructions are in the manual in the CD, but they are very weird and I haven't seemed to have any success at disabling it.

The instructions are something like: put the key in off position, put on and off the seatbelt at least 3 times, then switch on the car and switch it off... anyways, something like that, i dont remember entirely.... ps. for all of those saying I should not disable that chime: I always wear the seatbelt, I just do it a few seconds after I start the car, it is impossible for me now to change that habit.

the other questions I will post in a different thread.

im glad to join this forum!

Your dealer can do it, although whether they will depends on how sensitive to the legal implications of it are. I don't think it'll be a problem; it's just that in the (more litigious) USA your dealer might be found to be culpable if they disabled the chime and you are subsequently injured in a road accident because you weren't wearing your seat belt. :bang:

Back