Technical Red Key Problems - Fiat Punto

Currently reading:
Technical Red Key Problems - Fiat Punto

Red Key Problems - Fiat Punto - with pictures

Hello, great forum guys,

I have a query regarding the dreaded "Red (burgendy) key", i am just turning 17 and my parents have just purchased a Fiat Punto 1999 (see pics below) in order for me to learn to drive in and eventually purchase off them. When we purchased the car we recieved two blue keys and no red key. We have had mixed opinions from people whether the red key is extremely important (from sellers!) - Some say it is vital to have the red key and other simply say its not a problem and to simply have one made if a problem arises with the management system (for example having one cut from a company like CodeMan.org).

Question: If a red key is required is this the correct information needed (below). Also do you recommend having a red key made immediately?

I have included some pictures of the information we recieved when we purchased the Punto, these are pictures of; the two blue keys and of the CODE keyring. Please note the dates are incorrect on pictures these photos were taken today (12th May).

The Keys we recieved
Fiat_1s.jpg

These are the keys recieved with the car, they contain a four digit code just below the blue fob beginning with a "A".

The "Security Code" key ring:
Fiat_2s.jpg

Sorry the information isn't very clear, it contains a four digit code which appears to be the same as the radio code, is this the correct code needed to have a red key reprogrammed via codeman?

The car is a: 1999 (V reg) Fiat Punto 1242cc, Trim: SX, and was registered in Oct 1999 and had its pre-delivery inspection on 8th August 1999.

Hope someone can give us some advice, any further questions dont hesitate to ask,

Thanks
Matt

Last edited:
Back