Technical Help with 130 Sporting electrical issues pls!

Currently reading:
Technical Help with 130 Sporting electrical issues pls!

KarenParvis

Hello there, my name is Karen and i have a Grande Punto called Gertrude, which the whole family love dearly but recently have a few gremlins which i hope one of your members can assist with!

Gerty is an orange 2007 130 sporting and attracts a lot of attention wherever she goes, my 3 daughter calls her the orange pootle car for some reason anything she likes is called Pootle!!!

So onto the problems and i will hopefully learn to add fotos later.

1- the electric windows refuse to work. My husband checked for fuses f85 and f86 in the enginebay fusebox however could not locate these numbers as he said the fuses there do not go that high in order numbers??

2-the stereo will not work and he checked the second fuse down on the left in the glovebox fusebox and it was ok?

thats it really so if someone can help Gertrude to open her windows and play music again we will all be very happy indeed :)

we were told there is a fusebox by the drivers knee where a port plugin is located apparantly my husband found the port thingy but no fuses here at all:eek:

Kind regards and a wonderful weekend to you all.

Karen Parvis

I have read more than once that the wiring to the electric windows can work loose from the switch it the driver's door. It might be worth removing the switch and checking the wiring is securely attached.

Hi James,
James (my hubby) checked that too and was ok, many thanks for your answer though have a lovely weekend:)

Karen

The old manual issue is nothing new its the lazy Italiano translation department ;)

The fuse box is acutally in the glove box on the left hand side....

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/237598-missing-fusebox.html?p=2498337

as for the windows if the fuse is ok you need to check the rubber boot in the drivers door shut between the hinges it plugs in and the terminals can be prone to corrosion and need a clean up

Hi there and thanks for the reply - its James here thought i would write a bit here as poor Karen has to translate what I say to write on here as she is better with forums and stuff than i am!

Anyway i read the link you gave which was most interesting however the fuse circled is fine!

I removed the multiplug from door to a pillar and it looks fine, no corrosion etc, the windows still do not work.

Any advice to get Gertrudes windows and stereo working will be most appreciated :)

Kind regards

Karen and James Parvis.

still no luck anyone know which fuse relay or module controls the windows

same question for stereo please

many thanks all

Karen.:)

Hi Karen: I might be wrong but I think you've got another fusebox in the boot on your car, it's behind a little panel on the left hand side & there's a fuse in there that supplies the motor controller in the drivers door. It's something like 20 amp & there's another lower value fuse (10 or 15 amp) that supplies the Hi-fi.
When checking the fuses, don't just look at them. Either check with a Voltmeter from 1 side to the other with the Ignition on ( Good fuse: Power both sides) or Take them out 1 by 1 & check with a Multimeter set to Ohms (Good fuse: Low resistance)

Hope that helps: Andy

Last edited:
thanks for all the replies it turns out the wires between the door and post were snapped - 5/6 of them snapped clean in half and others showing bare copper. what a poor design i must say! (n)

windows now working so thanks for all the help

can anyone help with the radio - it just wont work anymore its the final thing to fix before we all drive to france for the family holiday and we NEED music ;)

which fuse is for the radio? or any other radio errors that stop it working in the punto 130 sporting??? 2007 1.9

thanks a lot guys and gals
Karen and James Parvis

i can pay by paypal for any info to get our radio working, we leave to drive to france tomorrow with the kids and dog and would love some music! :)

thanks in advance

Karen and James Parvis

Just a thought, Is there a fuse in the stereo unit it's self ??? You might need to remove the stereo and check if there is another fuse as there is in my single din radio ????????
hope this helps

Back