Technical Camshaft position sensor, MAF & Engine speed sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Camshaft position sensor, MAF & Engine speed sensor

Cathalo

Hi everybody, I've been a member of the forum for a while but this is my first post. So thanks for all the info so far.
Fiat Doblo Cargo (223) 1.3 JTD, year 2005.
ECU Marelli 6F3 EOBD
1 - problem with power, no/flat acceleration. Same as in the posts for EGR,
MAF & hose damage.
2 - Checked MAF by disconnection, slight increase in acceleration but still not right.
3 - Cleaned MAF, ran rough. Disconnected while running - idle normal. Still no/flat acceleration. Shut engine off, refused to start.
4 - Got fiat scan. Results, camshaft position sensor - high signal, Glow plug sensor - no signal. I also got an error message for the MAF but I replaced it with a new Bosch unit.
5 - I've checked the continuity of the CPS to the ECU, its fine (which means my multimeter is giving a constance beep on the continuity test). The voltage readings I'm getting from the CPS sensor are pink 4.99 v, pink black 4.99v, and earth/purple .003 (taken from back of sensor - sensor plugged in). I also got a new CPS sensor, now I've got two.
6 - I've also checked my MAF sensor for continuity, again its fine. The voltage reading I'm getting from that are, blue .99v, light blue green 4.99 v,light blue black .280/.005/.001 v, yellow grey 12.40 v, brown 2.77 v.
7 - After repeatedly trying to start the van, I got a engine speed sensor - no signal error from fiat scan, this warning is intermittent. I've only gotten it twice.
So my question, are these the right voltages that I'm getting from the MAF & CPS sensor and any other ideas .
What about the earth signal I'm getting are these within normal range.
I'm also going to check the Engine speed sensor/crank sensor for continuity with ECU & Voltage but I need values for voltage from ECU.
Any ideas, please
Thanks

Hi, its me again. After taking a look at the Technical specifications for the MAF & CPS, I'm happy that the readings I'm getting are right(normal), If not please let me know.
I've taking readings from the Engine speed sensor/crank sensor from the ECU and have done a continuity test. The voltages I was getting from the sensor plug (not connected to the sensor itself) where 2.53v & 1.50v, these where verified at the ECU. I couldn't find any values on elearn for this sensor, just how it works (which I wouldn't call detailed info on the subject).
I want to check the sensor itself, what the resistance should I get from it?.

So, I've gotten a reading of between 760 to 774 Ohm's from the sensor (engine speed sensor/crank sensor), I'm getting a different reading at different times, when I take them they settle and remain constant, i.e a constant 760 Ohm the first reading.
I found a replacement sensor online which they stated 780 Ohm for that replacement.

Back