Off Topic What would a X1/9 Bertone be worth fully restored?

Currently reading:
Off Topic What would a X1/9 Bertone be worth fully restored?

If you are hoping to make some money at the end of the project then a 1300 would be a better option (if you can find one). A concours quality 1300 would be a desirable thing.
You can buy a decent 1500 for less money than it would cost to restore a rough one so you are unlikely to get your money back. The mechanical parts aren't too pricey or hard to get, it's the bits of trim, badges,etc that mount up the cost.
If you are doing it just for the fun then that's a different thing.

If you are hoping to make some money at the end of the project then a 1300 would be a better option (if you can find one). A concours quality 1300 would be a desirable thing.
You can buy a decent 1500 for less money than it would cost to restore a rough one so you are unlikely to get your money back. The mechanical parts aren't too pricey or hard to get, it's the bits of trim, badges,etc that mount up the cost.
If you are doing it just for the fun then that's a different thing.

I've found a 1.5 for cheap enough (less than £400).

It is more for fun. :) But I still want my money back when I sell it on.

Dom

If you get it back to a nice standard, you will get your 400 back. No guarentees can be made on the money you sink into restoring it though.

Worth restoring one for the experience? Yeah, I reckon so (y)

Thanks. :D

I've no doubts whatsoever that there will be a lot of help from this forum if I go ahead with it! :)

Dom

Couldn't see a 'Spotted' thread, so I'll post these photos taken yesterday. Looked very original with 52,000 on the clock.

Attachments

• x19 002.JPG
    x19 002.JPG
    952.4 KB · Views: 87
  • x19 003.JPG
    x19 003.JPG
    899.7 KB · Views: 115
  • x19 004.JPG
    x19 004.JPG
    643.9 KB · Views: 124
Back